Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack 2496 Compatible With Kingston Elite Pro 16GB 133x CF Cards?  (Read 11028 times)

Offline symoka01

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Hey everyone,

Tried searching the forum and couldn't find anything about Microtrack 2496 compatibility with Kingston Elite Pro 16GB 133x Compact Flash cards.  Has anyone tested this? I want to find a quality 16GB CF card that works with the Microtrack 2496.  The forum search only helped me find 2, 4 and a couple 8GB cards...I'd really like a 16GB for taping Bonnaroo.

Any help? If Kingston isn't the answer, any other name brand 16gb cards that are known to work with Microtrack 2496?

Thanks!
Karl

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Can't help you with a 16GB card as I've never used one in the MT but if the MT recognizes it you should be good to go.

I have used the following 8GB cards in a couple of MT2496s and never had a problem with any of the cards or MTs:
* A-Data "Speedy" (40x iirc)
* SanDisk Ultra II 15MB/s (not sure what x speed this translates to)
* PQi Hi-Speed 100
* Kingston Elite Pro 133x
* Patriot 266x

Offline symoka01

• Taperssection Regular
Can't help you with a 16GB card as I've never used one in the MT but if the MT recognizes it you should be good to go.

I have used the following 8GB cards in a couple of MT2496s and never had a problem with any of the cards or MTs:
* PQi Hi-Speed 100
* Patriot 266x

Thanks dude,

Maybe I'll just grab a couple of the Kingston Elite Pro 133x 8GB cards to tape :) I'm taping 3 festivals this summer and need to stock up.  I'm catching Bonnaroo, Soundset (hip hop fest in Minnesota), and Saturday of Lollapalooza.  Going to be a great summer, so thanks for your help!

Karl

Offline symoka01

• Taperssection Regular

* PQi Hi-Speed 100
* Patriot 266x

Hey Flipp,

So I bought two 8GB Kingston Elite Pro 133x Compact Flash cards and neither of them work in my Microtrack :( I get the "no media found" error.  I did just upgrade to the latest firmware, 1.4.6 bootloader 1.05.  I updated the firmware using my original card (that came with MT).  It seemed to work fine.  My 4gb Kingston Elite Pro 45x still works fine.  However, the 8GB Kingstons are not read by the Microtrack..."no media found."  I am still able to format media on the 8GB Kingstons, however, after it loads it still shows "no media found." Can you tell me what firmware you were using when you were able to get the 8GB Kingston Elite Pro 133x to work? I'll try and go back a version or something.  Any advice?

Thanks,
Karl

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
My MT shows 1.4.6 and 1.05 - which were already installed when I bought it used.
Perhaps use the "factory defaults" in the system menu, see if the card is recognized and stay with that version if it is; if it isn't then try updating again and checking to see if the MT sees the media. Other than that I don't think of anything immediately.

From posts here on ts it seems either the MT just works or it's beset with problems. Guess I got lucky with the one I purchased as well as the one I borrowed.

Offline symoka01

• Taperssection Regular
My MT shows 1.4.6 and 1.05 - which were already installed when I bought it used.
Perhaps use the "factory defaults" in the system menu, see if the card is recognized and stay with that version if it is; if it isn't then try updating again and checking to see if the MT sees the media. Other than that I don't think of anything immediately.

From posts here on ts it seems either the MT just works or it's beset with problems. Guess I got lucky with the one I purchased as well as the one I borrowed.

Thanks Flipp, I have loved my MT since 2006 with only minimal problems (user errors mainly).  I really have no complaints other than the wierd quirks.  So interesting story, I tried the 8GB Kingston cards on the latest firmware 1.4.6 with bootloader 1.05...got "no media found."  So I just went back to 1.4.5 with bootloader 1.04 and the 8GB Kingstons work like a charm! Don't ask me why an older firmware and bootloader version works with the 8GB Kingston Elite Pro 133x but the "latest and greatest" updates do not.  I wont question things and just be happy that I just added 15 hours of 24 bit recording to my summer festies!!

Thanks for your help dude, you're 8GB Kingston elite pro 133x advice ended up just as planned and as I had hoped (with a few M-audio potholes overcome as usual haha).  May the summer festies begin!

Cheers,
Karl

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com