Gear / Technical Help > Cables

Oade or ProDigi 7pin?

(1/3) > >>

peterbilt:
Hey folks, I'm finally gonna pick up a proper 7 pin and am looking for any input you can kick down as far as the pro's and con's of these cables.
Durability, flexibility, sonic differences?
Any input is greatly appreciated.

And if it matters, I would be running it from an ADC20(44.1)>D8

Thanks

jpschust:
im of the opinion that it doesnt matter one bit- the nice part about the pro-dig cable is it is a bit longer than the oade.  the oade is of really high quality though

jlykos:
Really does not matter at all.  The Oade cable will require an additional digital coaxial cable to run from the connector to the input on the ADC-20.  The ProDigital cable has the cable hard-wired to the 7-pin head.  I have the ProDigital cable and it works fine.

You may want to run out to Radio Shack and get a gold-plated RCA to BNC adaptor for the ADC-20.  They cost like $5 or so; you will need it for a coaxial connection with the 7-pin.

heath:
if you look at my post in the oade 7pin thread in the open forum, you'll see that i have around 5 prodig cables around the house.  If you're looking to grab one, I could give you a nice deal on one. (once i find them  ;)  )

Heath

peterbilt:
Thanks for the quick responses folks! I was pretty much of the impression they are both quality cables, just wanted some other opinions.
The only thing that really had me concerned was the need for another cable to run the Oade, though I am sure it isn't a big deal.

heath, dig up those cables. if you want to part with one or two..gimmee a holler.

and on a totally different topic....

the adc20...is it possible to send a signal from both AES outs at the same time?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version