Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Large solar festi rig - mostly not for taping  (Read 8328 times)

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I LIKE FISHIN
Re: Large solar festi rig - mostly not for taping
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 04:02:42 PM »
no problem. I work for a solar company so I figured I could help when I saw your post. Great idea btw. I am going to have to do something like this for my pop up camper.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 04:52:15 PM »
If anybody else is thinking about doing this. I highly recommend making an adjustable tilt rack for the panel to sit on. Every latitude has as different angle to set your panel to. If you click on this link and then select your state, then closest city, you can get a report of the ideal angle for your panels.

http://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/calculators/PVWATTS/version1/

so for Boulder its 40 degrees of tilt
and for further south around Alamosa, its 37.5 degrees of tilt

So when you travel with your festy solar system you can set it to the correct tilt.

Hey Louie, are those degrees of tilt calculated for permanent installs?  If so I'd image they may be a compromise between summer and winter declination, maybe favoring winter angles for more efficiency in those less solar energetic months?  If that's the case, then less tilt for a temp summer setup might be optimal, especially up North.  Yeah I know, splitting hairs and all that.  Just currious, you know better than I.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline NOLAfishwater

• I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 11:28:08 PM »
If anybody else is thinking about doing this. I highly recommend making an adjustable tilt rack for the panel to sit on. Every latitude has as different angle to set your panel to. If you click on this link and then select your state, then closest city, you can get a report of the ideal angle for your panels.

http://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/calculators/PVWATTS/version1/

so for Boulder its 40 degrees of tilt
and for further south around Alamosa, its 37.5 degrees of tilt

So when you travel with your festy solar system you can set it to the correct tilt.

Hey Louie, are those degrees of tilt calculated for permanent installs?  If so I'd image they may be a compromise between summer and winter declination, maybe favoring winter angles for more efficiency in those less solar energetic months?  If that's the case, then less tilt for a temp summer setup might be optimal, especially up North.  Yeah I know, splitting hairs and all that.  Just currious, you know better than I.

yep. for fixed installations so it is an average for the whole year. if you hit the calculate button based on your system it will tell you the output based on the month. once you know that you can try increasing or decreasing the tilt to show what the effect is on the the production for the month in question.

Offline NOLAfishwater

• I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 11:30:17 PM »
the bottom line is anything is better than  it laying flat.

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 11:41:21 PM »
the bottom line is anything is better than  it laying flat.

....or upside down.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com