Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Unable to get rockbox/iriver firmware working on Iriver H180  (Read 2163 times)

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
Hey everyone,

So I ran into an issue with my H180 that I primarily use as a playback device.  I was getting a scan disk utility message because their might be problems with the drive.  I ran the utility at least once and it didn't find anything wrong with the drive.  So I decided to format the drive and start fresh.  Unfortunately, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to:

1.   Properly flash the original iriver firmware (it currently has 1.65U) and then complete the rockbox installation with the rockbox utility.  I'm drawing a blank here.  I've gotten as far as installing rockbox, then following the instructions from the utility, safely removed the H180 and attempted to flash the iriver's firmware.  This is where I get stuck.  The firmware flash utility built into the iriver firmware simply doesn't do anything.  That leads me to believe I'm missing a step here.  I'm assuming the 1.66US hex file I downloaded from here: http://rasher.dk/rockbox/iriver-firmwares/ 

When I boot up the iriver into it's stock firmware after passing the first screen the text is in Japanese (?) and I cannot navigate to any music folders.  On the first screen, I can hold down the NAVI/MENU key and go through the menu, but that's about it.

So anyway, can anyone help guide me through this?  I'm thinking of selling the H180 to fund a iPod 160GB classic.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

edit:  I figured out what was wrong based on another post from rockbox.  The drive needs to be formatted to fat32.  Once I did that, it worked like a charm.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 10:15:05 AM by George »
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline kozakz

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Unable to get rockbox/iriver firmware working on Iriver H180
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 04:38:18 AM »
Had the same issue with an H140. Windows did not offer fat32 format and friend formated to NTFS. I could not load firmware as system showed disk full message. Had to reformat with a small tool to fat32 and then I could install properly rockbox.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com