Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Track transition/CD text problems with 'Burn' freeware program  (Read 1274 times)

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Track transition/CD text problems with 'Burn' freeware program
« on: November 26, 2013, 11:57:40 PM »
Now that I have a new 2013 iMac, I can no longer use my old version of Toast. So, I downloaded the free program 'Burn'.

I'm having two problems with this program:

It says that it will do CD text, but I cannot get it to encode the text at all. I have checked the CD Text button in the preferences, and also set the gaps between tracks to 0. I am using a new external Apple Superdrive.

My second problem I just noticed yesterday. I burned four discs this weekend. More than half of the transitions between tracks have problems. At the index mark, where the new track starts, I'm getting a blip of either applause or music that should not be there. It is definitely not seamless transitions between tracks. The weird thing is that not all the indexes are affected. Some are fine.

I have checked the indexes on three different CD players and the affected indexes all show problems.

The first two discs that I used Burn for worked fine, other than the CD text not working. These were CDs of DATs that I had transferred to WAV files and the files were named with song titles, (because I assumed that the CD text would be encoded.) Those track transitions were seamless. The discs that I burned this past weekend were of files that I just dragged and dropped the way they were without changing the file names, (because I knew that the CD text would not work so I didn't bother to give the tracks song titles.)

Would that make a difference? I'm thinking that the problem is either with the Burn program, or the Superdrive.

I'm hesitant to purchase the new version of Toast, because of all the negative reviews posted to Amazon.

I used the demo version of Express Burn for four discs (until the demo expired) and it worked fine and encoded CD text on the discs. So, I know the Superdrive is capable of encoding CD text on the discs. The track transitions were seamless. Maybe I should just pay for that program instead of trying to understand what is going wrong with Burn.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks in advance,

ONT.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com