Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Outlaw Audio?  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
Outlaw Audio?
« on: July 11, 2007, 11:55:47 AM »
Thinking about Picking up an Outlaw Audio RR2150 Integrated.  I would prefer the Music Hall Maven but it has no phono stage....

Any thoughts on Outlaw, I've never really heard of them but they seem to get ok reviews.  Primarily interested in thoughts on the phono stage.
mics & cameras

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re: Outlaw Audio?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 12:02:33 PM »
PM baustin on here...he recently got a TT to go with his Outlaw and ended up getting a seperate phone pre

Offline bkirby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoeps/MGs > M148/248 > SD722
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 12:14:20 PM »
The phono input on my Outlaw 990 is a bit noisy and thin sounding. Once I added the Cambridge 640P, things really opened up. Not sure if the 990 phono preamp is the same as the RR2150, but thought this might help a little. I have read glowing reviews on the Outlaw intergrated amp but I haven't heard one...

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 12:26:41 PM »
The phono input on my Outlaw 990 is a bit noisy and thin sounding. Once I added the Cambridge 640P, things really opened up. Not sure if the 990 phono preamp is the same as the RR2150, but thought this might help a little. I have read glowing reviews on the Outlaw intergrated amp but I haven't heard one...

bkirby that is, not baustin!  :P

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 02:31:28 AM »
Bumping this old thread.

Anyone running one of these Outlaw Audio RR2150's? Seems to be a pretty good deal with decent reviews.

I'm looking for an affordable integrated amp with a phono pre-amp 100W/Ch (approx). Ideally the phono section will work with both MM and MC carts.

Any other suggestions welcome.

I'd prefer to buy used, but my current amp shit the bed a few weeks ago and need to replace it asap. $700 seems pretty reasonable for the RR2150.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline dabbler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 10:54:07 PM »
The phono works with both MC and MM, but I can't comment on phono quality since I have limited experience in the area.

The RR2150 is a very flexible unit and I like it.

I use it as a preamp for my main system, integrated amp for my desktop (via Y adapter), and an input switch box for the rest of the house via the external processor output (using their OAW wireless system).
I have the headphone output connected to my subwoofers (I am not using the integrated bass management).

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com