Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Is there a walwart power cable for the Lunatec V2?  (Read 3607 times)

Offline RMayberry

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • "Just Keep On Breathing"
Is there a walwart power cable for the Lunatec V2?
« on: February 08, 2014, 03:50:19 PM »
Is there a walwart power cable for the Lunatec V2?

I am wanting to run my V2 off the power plug to the wall.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Rick
Don't Kill Live Music, Occupy A Venue

Offline tgakidis

• Trade Count: (552)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My Recordings on the Archive:
Re: Is there a walwart power cable for the Lunatec V2?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 05:02:29 PM »
Yes, I am sure you can buy one from Grace Design for $$$ or I can build you one  ;D

Grace Design Lunatec V2 (6v Version) / 6-12v / 4 pin XLR Female / pin 3 for (+) pin 2 for (-)
Grace Design Lunatec V2 (12v Version) / 4 pin XLR Female / pin 4 for (+) pin 1 for (-)

500mA DC 6-12V
GAKables: Custom XLR, Digi & Batt Cables http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=133186.0

Mics: Schoeps CMC6 x 4, Schoeps CMC1K x 2 / Schoeps KC 5G x 2 / Schoeps MK4,MK41,MK21,MK22 x 2 / Austrian Audio OC818 Dual Set+ / Telefunken TF-11 x 2 / Telefunken ELA M 260 x 4 / Telefunken M960FS x 2 / TK60,TK61,TK62 x 2 / Telefunken M60,TK60 x 2 / AKG c426b / AKG c34 / nBob AKG Actives>PFA x 4 / CK61,CK63,CK8 x 2 / AT853 4.7k Mod (Card,Sub)
Pres: Sonosax SX-AD8+ / Sonosax SX-M2D2 / Sonosax SX-M2 / Lunatec V3
Recs: Sonosax SX-R4+ / Sound Devices MixPre-6ii / Marantz PMD-661 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F3

My Recordings: https://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%28Gakidis%29&sort=-da

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 09:52:24 AM »
I don't know what Grace charges and I'm a huge fan of them so i dont really want to direct any biz away from them, but Ted would build a nice power cable for you.  Not that Grace does this, but lots of manufacturers warn against using a psu other than their own and then they charge crazy prices for a replacement.  A non-OEM replacement is usually straight forward...all you need to know is the details (i..e. voltage, current rating, polarity) at the input of the device, which is oftentimes available in the manual, on the device itself, or on the OEM wallwart.

Offline cjc1103

• Taperssection Newbie
  • So much music, so little time!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 05:47:00 PM »
I just used an old 6V wall wart I had lying around. Make sure it has at least 500ma power capacity, more is better, the V2 uses lots of juice. Mine has 600ma. Solder a 4 pin female XLR pin to the output lead, making sure you have the correct polarity!
From Grace's calibration notes:
=========
DC power cord: XLR-4 male on one end, appropriate connector for DC power supply on the other. Note: XLR pin 1 is GND and pin 4 is +6V
BE CAREFUL TO OBSERVE PROPER POLARITY TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO THE V2!
=========

Chris
Chris
Chattanooga, TN

kirk97132

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 08:46:37 AM »
I don't know what Grace charges and I'm a huge fan of them so i dont really want to direct any biz away from them, but Ted would build a nice power cable for you.  Not that Grace does this, but lots of manufacturers warn against using a psu other than their own and then they charge crazy prices for a replacement.  A non-OEM replacement is usually straight forward...all you need to know is the details (i..e. voltage, current rating, polarity) at the input of the device, which is oftentimes available in the manual, on the device itself, or on the OEM wallwart.

X2 on the Ted P/S......The Grace power supply cable will not be as nice as Ted's.  The actual PSU can be made from pretty much any that fits the specs needed.  I remember reading somewhere that old phone wallwarts have good internal parts and provide a cleaner source than say for instance a cheap rat shack.  Can't recall exactly what it was but better ripple voltage and more consistent voltage and amperage were things that jump to mind

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com