Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: FLAC and XP  (Read 1503 times)

kskreider

• Trade Count: (0)
FLAC and XP
« on: April 05, 2004, 10:32:38 AM »
I went and installed FLAC 1.10m on the Vaio the other day.  I went to run it and when I double-click the FLAC icon the computer tries to install MS Office 2000 Pro.  I can hit cancel on the MS Office installation 3 or 4 times and it will stop and the FLAC Frontend GUI window opens up.  From there on FLAC appears to run normally.

Anyone know how to get this to stop?  Or even better yet, know what I did wrong to cause this to happen?  (I'd hate for it to happen with other apps too.)

XP-noob...Kk

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 08:58:51 PM by DarkStarJedi »

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
Re:FLAC and XP
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 12:25:39 PM »
try this:
right click on the FLAC icon on your desktop.  Then choose the compatability tab.  Select which platform you are using.

Dont know if it will help, but it's worth a shot

phil
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

Offline Cooker

• Local Crew
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:FLAC and XP
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 02:13:01 PM »
i have had several applications do that on some of the servers here at work. i think it has more to do with the office installation than flac installation.

my recommendation is to just put office cd in, next time it happens click through it, and see if that helps.

if not, autoplay the office cd, and select "run from my computer" for all the options that currently have "run from CD" selected.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com