Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help me clean a DV Audio Rip  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Hunkadoodledoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I am personal.
Help me clean a DV Audio Rip
« on: April 07, 2004, 11:09:09 PM »
Okay....I am such a noob it isn't even funny.  I am probably a noob for calling myself a noob, but I digress.  I went to a Beloved, Underoath, Comeback Kid and Evergreen Terrace show and shot it with a miniDV camera I checked out from my school's media center.  I actually didn't shoot it, but a guy sitting next to the drummer shot it.  I would have liked to firewire the video to my HD and edit it, but I am cheap, so I plugged the camera into a Panasonic DVD recorder through S-video and composite cables.  I then used DVD2AVI to rip the audio to my HD.  Now, I want to take the audio, clean it up (it that is even possible) and remux it with the video to remaster the DVD.  I don't know the first step I should take.  I have CoolEdit Pro to work with.

I thought about splitting it into different frequencies to try to isolate the different instruments and then filter those tracks to get a clear sound for each instrument and THEN remix it all back together.  I am hoping that it isn't a lost cause.  Does anyone have any experience in cleaning up live audio?  Thanks for your help!

Josh

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re:Help me clean a DV Audio Rip
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 11:34:57 PM »
>>so I plugged the camera into a Panasonic DVD recorder through S-video and composite cables.

doesn't this process compress the audio to lossy Dolby Digital?

you could easily pick up a firewire pci card for like $20 or so, perhaps less on Ebay.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com