Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Powering Roland R44 externally using Ventura PB100 power bank  (Read 3521 times)

Offline razzopardi85

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
I just bought Ventura PB100 power banks to power my R44. However something is not functioning. I did use a negative centre DC cable and the power bank is fully functional.

What might I be doing wrong? Or was this a bad choice from my side?

Offline jibooer

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Searching for the perfect jam...
Re: Powering Roland R44 externally using Ventura PB100 power bank
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 01:19:06 AM »
maybe check your settings to make sure that it the r-44 is drawing power from external source, and that the battery is set at proper voltage
Mics: AKG c460b (ck61, ck62, ck63, ck1x, ck3x), NBob Actives, Naiant Actives, ADK A-51TL
Pres: Lunatec V2, Sound Devices MP-2
Cables: GAKables exclusively, AKG MK46, Naiant PFA's
Recorders: Edirol R-09HR, Edirol R-44
CPU for DSP: Toshiba Satellite A660 i7 > audioengineD1
Cans: ATH-50
VINYL: Rega Planar 3 > Rega Brio-R > Wharfedale EVO2-30

Offline razzopardi85

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 01:19:41 PM »
Yeah I did both. Set it on external power with correct voltage and outputting right voltage from battery.

I have also bought a Lenmar DVDU23 portable dvd battery and have the same problem. This is the most common battery used for the R44.

Anyone had similar problems?

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 02:12:05 PM »
On the R-44, don't make "Ext-Power" set to a particular voltage, just set it to "Adaptor".  Put a set of fresh/fully charged AA's into the R-44 and plug in your external battery.  Now if your external battery should run out of juice, the R-44 will seamlessly switch over to the internal batts and your deck, and recording, won't stop.  This is the way I've been using mine for years and it works great.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 12:41:46 PM »
^^That.

The battery meter on the R44 won't be functional for monitoring the charge of the exernal battery (it will display the AC adpter plug icon) but there is probably a seperate and more accurate meter on the battery itself anyway.  Plus as FCB metions, even once the external runs down, the R44 will switch over to the internal AAs seemlessly.  You can tell that has occured when the AC adapter plug icon on the R44 display switches back to the AA battery icon, which will then show the remaining charge in the AAs.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com