Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tekkeon Users  (Read 10231 times)

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
Re: Tekkeon Users
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 12:50:23 PM »
I'll trade you mine for one of yours  >:D

My first one never fully charges.  The replacement appears to charge but once it is unplugged from the wall and the output cable is plugged in it is completely dead.  The seller was completely cooperative and refunded my money.
Steve,
I have to vouch for him, you know Rick is mildly competent  :o. I orderd 2 of them and they were perfect too. And while I didn't need any more batteries, as you know from your 23, you can never have too much battery power  8)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:55:45 PM by dallman »
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 01:29:40 PM »
I'll trade you mine for one of yours  >:D

My first one never fully charges.  The replacement appears to charge but once it is unplugged from the wall and the output cable is plugged in it is completely dead.  The seller was completely cooperative and refunded my money.
Steve,
I have to vouch for him, you know Rick is mildly competent  :o. I orderd 2 of them and they were perfect too. And while I didn't need any more batteries, as you know from your 23, you can never have too much battery power  8)

Sorry again Rick if my comment was douche-ish.

Anyway, Cliff you're most right about having excess power...and cheap at that!  I'd been relying on a cadre of SLA's I picked up over the last few years, but recently one of them leaked and I don't know which one it is.  I've had several articles of clothing, including my favorites festy shorts ruined by the leakage.  Funny thing is you don't know about the damage until next time they go through the wash and come out all hole-y. 

So, these cheap Tekkeon's (I've bought two batches of 8 for $60 and one batch of 4 for $40) have been a real life saver in replacing the SLAs.  I've done more fests this year than any and I had three separate rigs rolling at once at two of them.   ;) ;)  So yeah, power is something I'm always planning out and you can never have enough.

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 02:02:39 PM »
Not douche-ish at all, Steve.  I meant to tell you that I followed your advice and got my one 3300 to get to full charge!  Thank you!

I also am powerless over power.  Just bought a 16,800mAh and 10,400mAh batteries from W00t Monday night and a couple of 4,000mAh batteries a couple weeks ago. 

How do you explain to people how excited you get over buying a battery?
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

stevetoney

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 04:09:10 PM »
Not douche-ish at all, Steve.  I meant to tell you that I followed your advice and got my one 3300 to get to full charge!  Thank you!

Cool!  I'm glad it worked out for ya.

I also am powerless over power.  Just bought a 16,800mAh and 10,400mAh batteries from W00t Monday night and a couple of 4,000mAh batteries a couple weeks ago. 

How do you explain to people how excited you get over buying a battery?

LOL.  Well I understand your excitement...I've had so damn many shows/festies where power has kicked my butt that it's totally understandable to me to get excited when you've licked that problem once and for all!

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2014, 07:24:43 PM »
I bought a truckload of these batteries (I think I'm up to 23 of them) and every single one of them that I got from the ebay sale work perfectly, powering my 744 for 5 1/2 hours and my preamps all day for festivals.  Honestly, not to diss on anyone's smarts here, but I have to wonder if the people that claim they got  DOA batteries actually knew that you have to connect the cable in order to activate the battery when it's not plugged into the wall wart.

I got one a year ago which cost more than the ones up on E-Bay now and it works perfectly. I ordered a second for $10 4-5 months ago and it was DOA and would not take a charge. I reread the instructions several times to make sure I was doing it right. The seller did refund my money without asking me to return it, so I assumed he knew this was a major problem and I was scared to order more.

After reading this post, I may order another 4.
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

stevetoney

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 07:51:41 PM »
^ I wish I hadn't made that comment about wondering if people were doing it right, but yeah I've been pretty lucky with these.  I'd like to think that the law of averages would be in your favor if you ordered a few.  I'm surprised they're still available, but FWIW I made my last order of an 8-pack for $60 that arrived probably less than 2 weeks ago, so it's not like my experience on having good luck these is way in the past.  YMMV I guess.

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2014, 05:33:45 AM »
^ I wish I hadn't made that comment about wondering if people were doing it right, but yeah I've been pretty lucky with these. 

I wouldn't feel bad about it. It is confusing if you don't read the directions.

I just tried to order 4 and only 8 packs are available now. I can't justify buying that many as I don't do festivals. I think I saw that happen before and 4 packs were offered later. If so, I'll buy one.
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

Offline rodeen

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2014, 06:41:46 PM »
Has anyone cracked open an MP3300?  Any tips?  I may try and perform surgery on my DOA battery.

stevetoney

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2014, 08:03:09 PM »
Has anyone cracked open an MP3300?  Any tips?  I may try and perform surgery on my DOA battery.

Everything you need to know is buried in the thread link copied below (thanks to Kirkd).  It includes the batteries you wanna buy (Panasonic), tips about getting batteries with and without solder tabs, pictures for how kirk ran the wiring, etc.  Just take note before disconnecting the old batteries where the black (+) and white or red (-) wires connect to the old batteries and to the board.  Note that the batteries that you pull out are flat Li-ion batteries but the case for the 3300 is big enough for 4 of the round replacement batteries.  As long as you can solder, I don't see why this wouldn't be a very elementary project. 

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=153993.0

Offline rodeen

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2014, 10:29:00 PM »
Thanks, Steve!  I think if I can get the case apart without ruining it, the soldering shouldn't be an issue.  I'll update the thread as I go along.

kirk97132

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2014, 02:21:36 PM »

Everything you need to know is buried in the thread link copied below (thanks to Kirkd).  It includes the batteries you wanna buy (Panasonic), tips about getting batteries with and without solder tabs, pictures for how kirk ran the wiring, etc.  Just take note before disconnecting the old batteries where the black (+) and white or red (-) wires connect to the old batteries and to the board.  Note that the batteries that you pull out are flat Li-ion batteries but the case for the 3300 is big enough for 4 of the round replacement batteries.  As long as you can solder, I don't see why this wouldn't be a very elementary project. 

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=153993.0
Some cases are a real MF to get open.  Go slow, take your time, don't miss the two screws.  So far about 50% of screws I ran into were an issue to get out.

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2014, 09:04:13 AM »
returning to the subject of the OP; are any of the "extras" still available?

stevetoney

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 01:30:46 PM »
returning to the subject of the OP; are any of the "extras" still available?

What do you need?  I'm keeping the batteries and probably most of the coily adapta-plug connector cables, but I have tips and felt pouches coming out the ying yang.  If you're concerned with their condition, ya know since they came out the ying yang, I've optionally got them coming out the wazoo.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:33:03 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 01:42:14 PM »
I could use one coily adapta plug cable (don't need any tips as I plan on hacking it) and one case (prefer a fold-over with magnetic clasp but a slip-on would work).

yinyang or wazoo - doesn't matter as long as they are sterilized  :)

found, thanks
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:30:38 PM by flipp »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com