Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mic Placement At Amphitheatre?  (Read 10165 times)

Offline teajay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re:Mic Placement At Amphitheatre?
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2004, 03:43:57 PM »
yah, it makes sense...
thanks and +t...

but it makes my situation shittier :(    time to hit the boards for a trade i guess....

Think it's a bad idea to milk the fact that I'll be taping as leverage to get someone to do the trade? I've only seen it a handful of times... But we all know it sucks when no tapes come out for a particular show (i.e 2003-09-03)

travis
Save a tree, eat a beaver

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2004, 04:23:48 PM »
it really isnt going to matter since they are going to sell copies of all of their shows....tapers being hammered for tapes will be a thing of the past...not a bad thing in my opinion.

in terms of trading because your a taper...up to you, but doesnt always work.  Also, I usually dont bother trading til I show up...allows me to stake out the situation a bit better

Offline Brian

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2004, 04:51:36 PM »
my WH tix are are center but waaayyyy behind the SBD almost out of hte pavillion and i've been a member since dec 99 ::)

i'm thinking Healy, M/S, or Blumlein, just for the hell of it. either that or i won't bring anything except for my dat to patch out of joe shambro.  then i'll get really drunk, where a white visor backwards upside down and yell lots just so i can fit in with the rest of the crowd ;)

but right now i'm thinking of taping ;D

Brian

Offline Scuba Jeremy

• Taperssection Member
  • "Ugh, is that digi noise?"
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2004, 08:52:21 PM »
my WH tix are are center but waaayyyy behind the SBD almost out of hte pavillion and i've been a member since dec 99 ::)

I'm in the same boat, I was sitting there last year. I don't know what kind of gear you're running, or how long your stand is. The repeater stacks in the back of that venue hang really low, so if you have a 17 or 14 footer, you can reach those babies as if you were in the front rows. That's what I think I'm doing this year for the first show of the tour. Take a look at them when you get there, and see what you want to do. Certainly there are worse things you can do than patch out of Joe. :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 08:52:36 PM by Scuba Jeremy »

Offline Brian

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2004, 10:51:09 PM »
so you'll be at the St. Louis show??? we'll have to meet up before hand for drinks, etc......PM me about it sometime :)

My exact row is fuggin HH.  it's right at the edge of the pavillion. it's very possible i could get something out of those but i won't put my stand any higher than 10 or 11 feet with TL's. :hmmm: definitely still thinking about a config not using hypers or cards. after Lee's Blumlein fluff and how open and wide the soundstage is i might do that.

Offline Scuba Jeremy

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2004, 11:12:59 PM »
Yep. Tour opener in one of my top five favorite venues in the country. Not to be missed! I plan on getting there early, do you know if they soundcheck on the day of the tour opener, or only on the day before?

Offline Brian

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2004, 11:38:28 PM »
wait you like riverpit?????

please tell me why beacause i am from St. Louis and think it is THE worst outdoor venue in the country. shitty security, outrageous prices, the whole seperation of hte lawn from pavillion, traffic getting out....i could go on and on....

no idea about the soundcheck. shit i haven't even seen DMB in almost two years so i'm out of hte loop on that kind of stuff. i'm sure joe shambro knows.

either way all us tapers should meet up somewhere prior for some drinks. are you going to be staying in a hotel nearby?

Brian

Offline Scuba Jeremy

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2004, 11:44:55 PM »
Yeah. I live in Chicago, so for outdoor venues, I have to drive about three hours to hear something good. Compared to Tweeter in Chicago, The Riverport ain't too shabby. I was talking to the department of the audio arts department at my school, and the topic of the Tweeter Center came up. He said there is a published book that lists the requirements for an acoustically correct outdoor venue with around 8 basic unbreakable rules, and the designers of "The New World Music Theater" broke every one of them. He said flat out - "There is no sweet spot in that [place]".

I'm not sure where I'm staying yet, I'm going to hit up Priceline in a couple weeks and get my plans all settled. Last year we stayed at a Courtyard Marriot near the college for like $50. It was sweeet. :)

I'm definately down for meeting up, I hope to get into town around 1 or 2, and get to the venue by at least 3 or 4. Depends on traffic, which last year pissed me off something fierce. It was my birthday, and we got to the show about four songs into the setlist. We left the hotel around 5pm. Fucking three hours on the highway for a 7 mile trip.

Offline Brian

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2004, 02:44:01 AM »
yeah that st. louis highway construction traffic can be a bitch. pm'ed ya about some other stuff....

i'm actually pretty excited about this dmb show. with all this dave talk recently it's made me remember just how much i loved this band for the time that i did.

Brian

Offline teajay

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2004, 07:18:13 AM »
Yep. Tour opener in one of my top five favorite venues in the country. Not to be missed! I plan on getting there early, do you know if they soundcheck on the day of the tour opener, or only on the day before?

Every day of show at ~4pm :)

They may do day before tour opener too, but who can really say.

travis
Save a tree, eat a beaver

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2004, 01:51:22 PM »
would someone please name one band that allows you to run over head height in the middle in front of the board? There isn't one...

get some buddies to sit around you who won't be screaming and run in the middle.
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2004, 01:53:16 PM »
would someone please name one band that allows you to run over head height in the middle in front of the board? There isn't one...

ABB... ;D I have done it every year in raleigh over the past 4
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 01:53:48 PM by nickgregory »

Offline Tim

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2004, 01:58:48 PM »
they do have one hell of a taping policy!
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2004, 02:06:05 PM »
they do have one hell of a taping policy!

<sorry, you left yourself open for that one  ;D>

Offline Tim

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2004, 02:14:35 PM »
totally spaced them, but really other than that I can't think of anyone...

nick, you guys just need to sack up, buy some seats together and run some stereo configs head height from the middle like real tapers

;D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.253 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com