Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: EAC adding "Contributing Artist" How to remove?  (Read 3730 times)

Offline cosmickc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
    • Tape List
EAC adding "Contributing Artist" How to remove?
« on: March 07, 2016, 09:26:22 AM »
Subject basically says it all.  After more than 12 years of using EAC to rip my CD's I finally figured out how to name the tracks correctly to ETREE standards.  Weird thing is?  EAC adds a field called "contributing artist" and puts the ETREE Track Name in that field.  I can't even delete or edit it?  (I'm using Windows 7.)  Nor can I find it anywhere in EAC.  It's not listed in the "metadata" options.  Then when I upload it to LMA that field pops up after the Track name.  There is nowhere in the Metadata on LMA to delete it either.  I asked the Admins at LMA and they have no idea.  To give you an idea what I'm talking about you can see it here:   https://archive.org/details/mrblotto2003-03-14  If you look at the Tracks available for streaming you get not just the Track Name but the actual ETREE track Name.  Thanks for the help. 

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
Re: EAC adding "Contributing Artist" How to remove?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 12:35:13 PM »
I downloaded one track and put it into Foobar.

When you view the properties it doesn't show any info for the metadata. Just "mrblotto2003-03-14d01t" under the artist name and "Track02" in the track title.

I've found that converting some of my old shows that I only have on CDR are a royal PITA to convert to etree standards, but when I do it, I label the tracks like yours (although I try to eliminate the disc label). After I get them all ripped from the CDR I use Foobar's "Live Show Tagger" plugin to tag the files from the info file (you need to make sure the formate is correct for the plugin to read it).

I've never been able to get EAC to tag things correctly, but I also really didn't put much of an effort into it since the Live Show Tagger plugin works well for me.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 02:05:09 PM »
To the OP:
What version of EAC are you running? And what settings do you have for Metadata options (F12)?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 02:07:16 PM by vanark »
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline cosmickc

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
    • Tape List
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 05:10:16 PM »
To the OP:
What version of EAC are you running? And what settings do you have for Metadata options (F12)?

Thanks for responding.  I'm using EAC version 1.1 and here's how the metadata is setup:  %tracknr%;%albumartist%   So the only thing I actually fill out is "CD Artist" field.  In that field I put the ETREE standard format like "mrblotto2003-03-29d01t"  Then EAC puts the 2 digit "Track Number" at the end.  (I used to spend a lot of time going to each track an individually rename it to the ETREE standard. Just recently I figured out how to have EAC name the track and save me all that time.)  I've tried filling every field out with all the correct info for each disc/show and that didn't resolve this.  After the tracks are ripped and named  Windows shows a field called "contributing artist" and there is that ETREE name minus the 2 digit track number.  Then when I upload it that also shows up but not in any field that is visable.  In fact I can't even edit or delete it in windows.  It's got me stumped?

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 08:49:07 PM »
Well, as Mike points out, you can clear the metadata in foobar2000.

That being said, how about start by removing "%albumartist% from the metadata export line?
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline cosmickc

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
    • Tape List
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 10:39:22 PM »

That being said, how about start by removing "%albumartist% from the metadata export line?

Thanks.  That didn't work either.  I did strip the tags using Foobar and that got rid of everything but the track name.  Guess I will see what happens when I upload it to the archive?  Do you know if that will effect the ability to playback on my computer?  I'm guessing no?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 10:50:14 PM by cosmickc »

Offline cosmickc

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
    • Tape List
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 09:50:55 PM »

Thanks.  That didn't work either.  I did strip the tags using Foobar and that got rid of everything but the track name.  Guess I will see what happens when I upload it to the archive?  Do you know if that will effect the ability to playback on my computer?  I'm guessing no?

Just another thanks.  Not only can I remove all the tags with Foobar but I can also rename that "contributing artist" field and it's done in a batch mode.  Thanks to both of you for the help!  I think this will make the difference

KC

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com