Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it ???  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Hypnocracy

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Hypnocratic Missionary
    • Hypno on teh LMA
All my bt.etree.org torrents are red in uTorrent...the one Dime torrent is active...what the +*@^

This must be heaven -- 'cause here's where the rainbow ends
If this ain't the real thing, then it's close enough to pretend

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • ***Team Schoeps***
i wish i knew what it would take to get that tracker more stable and properly working again, it's always seemingly on the fritz

i have to remind my other tapers friends how bad bt.etree tracker, and show them some other trackers that are better run.  so surprised its still going....

Offline Hypnocracy

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
  • Hypnocratic Missionary
    • Hypno on teh LMA
Thanks for the reply...it is up again...but I do so few torrents that if there are problems I think I've done some to f' it up...

This must be heaven -- 'cause here's where the rainbow ends
If this ain't the real thing, then it's close enough to pretend

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
i wish i knew what it would take to get that tracker more stable and properly working again, it's always seemingly on the fritz

All it would take it for a group of people to volunteer to take it over, and maintain the ETREE standards... 

The guys that run it now had too many people complain and they got sick of it...  They keep it running, but won't upgrade or do anything beyond bare minimum...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • ***Team Schoeps***
I wish they would post a note about the option for a bigger group to take over control of that site.  In the sites abcense, folks would be motivated enough to organize an effort, I feel confident in that.
Enforcing ETREE standards would be tough, as most dont bother to actually read the recommendations.

I mean is what.cd and all the other membership sites can have such amazing trackers, our has be to at least something that can be upgraded..

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
I use etree standards, but I would not want a tracker run in a way that enforced it. There are way too many tapers now that have no idea what that means. And even among etree standards folks, there are variations - putting the source ID in the file name, using tags in a manner that wasn't their design (ie, putting the entire info file in a "lyrics" tag). I've seen some strange things. And while what seems to know how to run a tracker, their rules are a confusing maze of overly controlling requirements. For example, if the officially embedded artwork, released by the artist, is greater than 512 kB, it must be stripped, now making the files different than the officially released version. It may have made sense when a MB or two made a difference, but now? Just plain pedantic to enforce it.

A certain segment of tapers make fun of DIME's rules and here we are talking about trying to get a server set up where there are more rules than currently? And, as much as some may not like DIME's rules or the attitudes of some moderators, they sure as hell know how to run a tracker. Been running for almost 13 years now. I won't seed my stuff there any longer and cringe when I see someone seed one of my recordings there, but I give them credit for a quality tracker.

As far as I'm concerned, other than going down a day or two every few months, I'm happy with bt.etree. The fact that there is very little moderator involvement is a plus to me. No ratio enforcement yet stuff stays seeded for a long time. What more could I ask?
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
I prefer to seed on etree rather than dime if possible. No ratios and no expiration.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com