Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iZotope Rx 7  (Read 28780 times)

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
Re: iZotope Rx 7
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2020, 09:50:10 PM »
i just used the 'phase' tool for the first time ever to repair an asymmetrical waveform on a webrip

is there anything this software can't do?

Nope; it's basically audio repair witchcraft.

I used the DeCrackle module a couple weeks ago to repair a bunch of buffer underrun errors on a direct-to-PC recording when I had set the sample buffer too low. Saved me a tense moment with my better half, because all of her vocal takes had this problem (which was my fault) and I didn't have to ask her to spend another hour or so redoing those takes.

i could see where dropped samples could repaired with vox, which is less pitch/tempo variable than some other music sources (or more complex music sources with multiple vox, instruments and percussion). lil drops are prob invisible once the 'cliffs' in waveform are removed 
currently "banned" for this "controversial" post
email me if you need to connect, as i am not allowed to send PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
for sale (email in profile):
Mixpre6 v1 (NIB)
CA14 cards
(2) Manfrotto 099B mic poles

CMC-1K now orderable - 4-6 week leadtime

Offline voltronic

• (34)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2020, 06:35:51 AM »
i just used the 'phase' tool for the first time ever to repair an asymmetrical waveform on a webrip

is there anything this software can't do?

Nope; it's basically audio repair witchcraft.

I used the DeCrackle module a couple weeks ago to repair a bunch of buffer underrun errors on a direct-to-PC recording when I had set the sample buffer too low. Saved me a tense moment with my better half, because all of her vocal takes had this problem (which was my fault) and I didn't have to ask her to spend another hour or so redoing those takes.

i could see where dropped samples could repaired with vox, which is less pitch/tempo variable than some other music sources (or more complex music sources with multiple vox, instruments and percussion). lil drops are prob invisible once the 'cliffs' in waveform are removed
I don't know that they were exactly dropped samples, but short bursts of full-spectrum distortion.  Either way, DeCrackle smoothed almost every one over until they were inaudible.
DPA 4061 ~ Line Audio CM3 ~ Naiant X-Q ~ AT 853  |  Naiant PFAs ~ Shure FP24  |  Zoom F6 ~ Sony PCM-M10
MOTU M2 ~ KRK Rokit RP5 ~ Sennheiser HD 650 ~ Etymotic ER4XR

Team Line Audio

Offline DavidPuddy

• (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #167 on: July 13, 2021, 12:28:37 PM »
I'm getting an upgrade offer to get RX 8 Standard for $99. I assume everyone that has RX7 Standard is eligible.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2021 Taperssection.com