Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Voltage Regulators?  (Read 3796 times)

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
Voltage Regulators?
« on: April 03, 2003, 04:32:53 PM »
Alright,  

here's my question after looking through the Sweetwater catalog.  Isa  voltage regulator worth it for the comonents of my system?  I've got that super nice denon 5803 running in it and I intend on adding some other nice components as well...

Jonny

Offline sideshowbob

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection Member
Re:Voltage Regulators?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2003, 04:42:50 PM »
Jonny...Are you talking about an AC Regenerator?? I use a Panamax and it has guages for both amps and volts. It will shut the component off if the voltage is deemed unsafe. I run all of my high end components through it and it works!! It shut off my McIntosh during a storm before the lights in the house flickered. I hope this is of some help. Thanks......Jason
"Music soothes the beast in a man"...Joseph Stalin

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."  Abraham Lincoln (Dec. 18, 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives)

Schoeps MK21/MK41/MK5/M222's>Elvo NT222's>Grace V3>SD 722

Offline Wiggler

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2003, 10:25:36 PM »
Good info on A/C power conditioners
http://www.magnan.com/columnprint.shtml#conditioners

jpschust

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2003, 10:38:05 PM »
that is really helpful!  Thanks!

Offline sideshowbob

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 10:48:27 PM »
Yeah, really good info. Remember that you really do share your power with your neighbors. Thanks......Jason
« Last Edit: April 03, 2003, 10:54:14 PM by sideshowbob »
"Music soothes the beast in a man"...Joseph Stalin

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."  Abraham Lincoln (Dec. 18, 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives)

Schoeps MK21/MK41/MK5/M222's>Elvo NT222's>Grace V3>SD 722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.157 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com