Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS200 (edit: mostly about ZS100 though)  (Read 115932 times)

Offline Papaphunk

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS200 (edit: mostly about ZS100 though)
« Reply #165 on: July 27, 2020, 09:26:50 AM »
Here's a new one I experience the last 2 weekends. Ever have your ZS100 shut off automatically in extended video mode ?

Happened to me the past 2 Saturday's and I think it was due to near 100 degree heat in the sun. First set hit record, went off to do stuff, came back and the unit was turned off. No picture. I turned it off and then on again, and was able to capture the Full Second set no issues. Weird and has me thinking might need to toss an umbrella over it to protect a little from the direct sunlight overheating the unit. Batteries were at full charge each time. Just curious, will keep working with it, and the 2nd sets came out stellar both times.
AKG CK-61 / CK-62 / CK-63  > AKG c480b / c460b Bodies
ZOOM H6 - TASCAM DR-100MKII & III

1500+ Recordings Uploaded to Archive: https://archive.org/details/@papaphunk

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2020, 05:50:47 PM »
Here's a new one I experience the last 2 weekends. Ever have your ZS100 shut off automatically in extended video mode ?

Happened to me the past 2 Saturday's and I think it was due to near 100 degree heat in the sun. First set hit record, went off to do stuff, came back and the unit was turned off. No picture. I turned it off and then on again, and was able to capture the Full Second set no issues. Weird and has me thinking might need to toss an umbrella over it to protect a little from the direct sunlight overheating the unit. Batteries were at full charge each time. Just curious, will keep working with it, and the 2nd sets came out stellar both times.

It's happened to me a few times.  I chalked it up to heat.  Same result - I was able to get it restarted and started recording again with no problems.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline Papaphunk

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #167 on: July 28, 2020, 09:40:45 AM »

It's happened to me a few times.  I chalked it up to heat.  Same result - I was able to get it restarted and started recording again with no problems.

Good to know - thx. Love the unit besides this little issue.

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2020, 11:23:04 AM »

Anyone have experience with the LX10?

I have a line on a really cheap one locally and the specs are comparable for the most part.

The idea is to use it for a fixed angle video shot at open taping shows, live video streaming in conjunction with an HDMI switcher and in the pocket for snapshots.

I have a Nikon DSLR and a decent prime lens for more serious stuff and a second video angle.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline guitard

« Reply #169 on: July 29, 2020, 09:10:16 AM »

Good to know - thx. Love the unit besides this little issue.

Although I said I chalked it up to heat, the weird thing is that it has recorded 4K video just fine for over 90 minutes in a really hot venue; and then had problems in a place where the temperature was normal.  The REAL issue for me is that it has stopped recording a few times (presumably because of the heat) and I didn't realize it and missed a big chunk of video -- that is super frustrating.  I have two ZS100s now, so I keep the second one handy and ready to go for this exact situation.

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2020, 06:23:10 AM »
Although I said I chalked it up to heat, the weird thing is that it has recorded 4K video just fine for over 90 minutes in a really hot venue; and then had problems in a place where the temperature was normal. 

maybe the difference is sunlight? a venue can feel warm but direct sunlight on a black camera gives it almost no chance of dissipating heat
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline guitard

« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2020, 10:24:45 AM »
Although I said I chalked it up to heat, the weird thing is that it has recorded 4K video just fine for over 90 minutes in a really hot venue; and then had problems in a place where the temperature was normal. 

maybe the difference is sunlight? a venue can feel warm but direct sunlight on a black camera gives it almost no chance of dissipating heat

The sun wasn't the culprit for me, as it's only happened in indoor venues, and if I recall correctly, mostly during the winter.  The last time it happened was at the last show I attended before everything shutdown (Eric Johnson on 23 Feb).

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #172 on: July 31, 2020, 03:28:41 PM »

The sun wasn't the culprit for me, as it's only happened in indoor venues, and if I recall correctly, mostly during the winter.  The last time it happened was at the last show I attended before everything shutdown (Eric Johnson on 23 Feb).
i wonder if a 50mm computer fan run off a 9V pointed up the stand at it would make the difference?
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2020, 03:25:14 PM »
Has the shutdown issue been experienced using a USB > Power Bank?

I've yet to use my camera outdoors but haven't had a problem with this setup (yet)  :smash:

Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline guitard

« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2020, 08:58:01 AM »

i wonder if a 50mm computer fan run off a 9V pointed up the stand at it would make the difference?

It generally isn't enough of an issue for me, especially since I have a second ZS100 that I keep ready for a switch off; so I haven't tried anything like that.

Offline guitard

« Reply #175 on: August 02, 2020, 08:59:36 AM »
Has the shutdown issue been experienced using a USB > Power Bank?

I film standing up in the audience at most shows, so having the power bank would be too cumbersome for me.  Having said that, I don't think the issue is power related - I think it's just internal heat.

Offline Papaphunk

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2020, 10:27:54 AM »
Used it twice outside over the weekend, no issues. Was setup under a pop up tent, and then over to the side in the shade.

So I think setting it up in the direct sunlight - 95 degree temps - is not a good idea, just fyi.

Haven't tried if with a portable usb bank, as I set it up on a stand alone Mic stand. Hope this helps.

Offline ol' dirty taper

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I've been riding with the ghost...
    • Ancient Earth
« Reply #177 on: September 13, 2020, 04:33:37 PM »
I recently picked up a silver ZS100 brand new on ebay.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for helping me with the settings to get this running properly for video. We still have no shows here on the central coast of California, but I'm excited to use this when the time comes.
Mic : Schoeps MK21 | Microtech Gefell M300 | Beyer MC950 MC930 MC910 CK930 | Line Audio OM1 | DPA 4061 | Naiant X-X Omni | Beyer TG L34C | AT831s
Pre : Aerco MP-2 | Naiant Littlebox
Deck : SD MixPre 10 II | SD MixPre 6 II | Sony PCM-A10 | Zoom F3
Pho/Vid : Sony a58 | Panasonic ZS100 | DJI Osmo Pocket

Offline ol' dirty taper

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I've been riding with the ghost...
    • Ancient Earth
« Reply #178 on: September 13, 2020, 10:12:38 PM »
Been playing with the phone all day getting used to the settings, has anyone used the camera with the built in WiFi connection to their phone? You have the same ISO and F-stop/SS controls at hand as well as focus control. Just downloaded it and playing around a bit with the controls. I found it in the app store under Panasonic Image App.
Mic : Schoeps MK21 | Microtech Gefell M300 | Beyer MC950 MC930 MC910 CK930 | Line Audio OM1 | DPA 4061 | Naiant X-X Omni | Beyer TG L34C | AT831s
Pre : Aerco MP-2 | Naiant Littlebox
Deck : SD MixPre 10 II | SD MixPre 6 II | Sony PCM-A10 | Zoom F3
Pho/Vid : Sony a58 | Panasonic ZS100 | DJI Osmo Pocket

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #179 on: September 13, 2020, 11:03:01 PM »
Been playing with the phone all day getting used to the settings, has anyone used the camera with the built in WiFi connection to their phone? You have the same ISO and F-stop/SS controls at hand as well as focus control. Just downloaded it and playing around a bit with the controls. I found it in the app store under Panasonic Image App.

It works intermittently with my s9+. When it works, it does very well.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.097 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com