Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sanity check for my new rig  (Read 2377 times)

Offline brianblank

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Sanity check for my new rig
« on: May 20, 2004, 05:23:20 PM »
I am looking to upgrade my MD rig, well really replacing it.  Here is my situation, everything I record will be stealth, typically rock shows at clubs, so the dBs will be very high, or amphitheater shows (Red Rocks, etc).  I have been reading this forum and others for the past few weeks and think I have spec'ed out my rig.  Before I start to drop some $ I wanted to run it by you all.

PDAudio
Mic2496 - A/D and phantom power
iPaq 3635
4GB MicroDrive
PI Tech dual CF sleeve
Gidluck Mastering's Live 2496
AT853Rx w/ 8533x power modules (I would prefer mics that run on phantom with out a module, any suggestions?)

I will need to mod cables to run into the preamp's 5 pin mini XLR

Thanks,
Brian
Recorder: iRiver H120 (Rockboxed) >
Mics: DPA 4060 > CA Ugly | Backup Mics: Core Sound LC Binaurals w/ Low Sensitivity

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Sanity check for my new rig
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 06:59:07 PM »
I can see how the phantom adapters with the 5pin could be cumbersome for stealth, but I don't think it'll be that much more than module-less phantom mics.  For the price and size of those mics, you can't really get anything that doesn't require battery power or extra boxes.  SO I think your best bet is to stick with the ones you have.  Maybe someone has some thoughts that I have passed over.

anyone know the pin assignment on that mic2496's 5pin?

Offline AT853rxwh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • You wanna stick those white mics where?
Re:Sanity check for my new rig
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 07:29:51 AM »
For stealth I think AT8531's instead of 8533(x) or samsons would work better... you could clip em on your belt and they would think they are pagers...
"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com