Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

New Sound Devices MixPre II-series coming? part 2

(1/22) > >>

justme:
Previous thread:

https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=191640.0

morst:

--- Quote ---Preroll:
Menu > second page (middle dot) > Record > second screen (right dot) > Pre-Roll Time
Use the up and down arrows that appear at the top to adjust
--- End quote ---
Will ya look at that? I guess they added it with firmware v3.00, but I never really noticed it.

justink:
I asked in the last thread but I should have been more clear. Powering the MP10? (USB-C isn’t an option).

I have a hirose cable that should fit a talent cell. Is that really the best option?  Any particular talent cell I should look at?  The on/off switches make me nervous, but then again, so does recording on a MixPre10 that doesn’t have a hold switch....  :shrug

So far, I’m really digging this thing.

If we are making a “want” list for firmware:

It would be nice to have a hold function and maybe the ability to see levels horizontally (if only using two or four channels).

justink:
MixPre10 II

8 AA Eneloop Pro Battery Test.  Ignore if you're not interested.

I just did a test with 8 AA Eneloop Pro batteries and four DPA mics.  Got 2 hours and 27 minutes.  So that makes me confident I can get two channels on 8 AA’s alone.  But I need an external pack for more channels.

So, I guess my question is, do I go with the Sony L-mount option, or the Hirose (some external option)? 

Thoughts?

darby:

--- Quote from: justink on July 04, 2020, 01:55:58 PM ---MixPre10 II

8 AA Eneloop Pro Battery Test.  Ignore if you're not interested.

I just did a test with 8 AA Eneloop Pro batteries and four DPA mics.  Got 2 hours and 27 minutes.  So that makes me confident I can get two channels on 8 AA’s alone.  But I need an external pack for more channels.

So, I guess my question is, do I go with the Sony L-mount option, or the Hirose (some external option)? 

Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

Hirose with external of your choice
use the 8 "AA" for backup and hot swapping the externals

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version