Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Recomended gear for video/audio taping  (Read 657 times)

Offline Lord

• (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Recomended gear for video/audio taping
« on: February 26, 2021, 10:01:50 PM »
Hi, after this pandemic time i want to return for gigs and festivals and i want record them in audio and video. So i need to buy new material for that, i was study material like this:

Zoom Q8
zoom q2n 4k
Zoom 2
Sony HDR XR500V

The goal is record metal gigs in main time, some of them with not much light, anyone recomend some other stuff? Thanks

Offline seethreepo

• (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Rub it and see
Re: Recomended gear for video/audio taping
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 05:06:31 PM »
What is your overall budget?  Do you already have external microphones? Are you recording with permission or stealthing?
Mics: Sound Professionals - SP-CMC-8 , Studio Projects SPC4, Beyerdynamic ck930 , Marcsounds binaurals
Pre amps: Beyerdynamic MV-1 ,  Naiant IPA
Recorders:  Edirol R-44, Edirol R-09HR, Roland  R-05, Tascam  Dr-2d

Offline jefflester

• (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 05:34:06 PM »
Not familiar with the others, but the Zoom Q2 would be a poor choice. It's a fixed wide angle lens for up close, like only feet away.
DPA4061 HEB/AT943 -> CA-UGLY -> R-09
Samson C02/Superlux S502/iSK Little Gem -> DR-680MKII
AKG CK63 -> AKG C460B -> DR-680MKII
AKG CK63 -> nBob actives -> Baby NBox -> R-09/DR2d

Offline DavidPuddy

• (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 07:17:39 PM »
A lot of us use the Lumix ZS100. There's a thread in the photo/video board with examples.

Offline Lord

• (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 07:39:01 PM »
What is your overall budget?  Do you already have external microphones? Are you recording with permission or stealthing?

Hi, no i dont have any external microphones, my budget is like 400 +/-, and yes i have permission of the local space and organizer, thanks

A lot of us use the Lumix ZS100. There's a thread in the photo/video board with examples.

Thanks i dont know that!

Not familiar with the others, but the Zoom Q2 would be a poor choice. It's a fixed wide angle lens for up close, like only feet away.

Its only an example of what i have been search and see..

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 09:27:53 PM »

Hi, no i dont have any external microphones, my budget is like 400 +/-, and yes i have permission of the local space and organizer, thanks

a decent camera like the ZS100 will set you back 200-300 used, and between mics (church audio cards or at853), battery box and recorder (edirol r07 or similar), about the same $300 used, but they will do everything you need
currently "banned" for this "controversial" post
email me if you need to connect

re:this R700 door issue (https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=196992.0;topicseen) you need to lubricate the mechanism so the limit switch that makes-on-open gets full contact. a hack is a quick tug on the metal bar below where the tape sits, wil close the switch and prevent retraction

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2021 Taperssection.com