Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone in the US who can re-wire & repair AT and Church mics?  (Read 311 times)

Offline jj69

• (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Anyone know someone reliable in the US who can repair and re-wire Church and AT mics for reasonable cost?

I like my CA-14s in particular, but they are awfully fragile.  One channel always goes out or becomes intermittent.  Any suggestions?

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Anyone in the US who can re-wire & repair AT and Church mics?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 02:42:06 AM »
If your Audio-Technica microphones are unmodified, I can highly recommend their service, at least here in the U.S.--they're very quick, efficient, accurate and (relatively) inexpensive.
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

Offline jj69

• (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 09:48:40 PM »
It's really the Church mics I'd like to get repaired, especially without having to send them back to Canada.  Aren't there independent guys out there who are willing to do a simple re-wire? 

Offline illconditioned

• (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 10:22:47 PM »
It's really the Church mics I'd like to get repaired, especially without having to send them back to Canada.  Aren't there independent guys out there who are willing to do a simple re-wire?
I've got quite a few mics, including Church Audio versions.
The problem with re-wiring is a lot of his stuff is sealed in epoxy (or some kind of hot melt glue?).Have to remove old stuff, rewire, and I guess, re seal them (with another kind of glue).
Nothing technical or difficult at all.  Just time consuming and of course, need to ship somewhere.Also, if someone fixes them for you, they might break again.
Good luck anyway,  Richard

Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline nulldogmas

• (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 11:29:56 PM »
I've got quite a few mics, including Church Audio versions.
The problem with re-wiring is a lot of his stuff is sealed in epoxy (or some kind of hot melt glue?).Have to remove old stuff, rewire, and I guess, re seal them (with another kind of glue).
Nothing technical or difficult at all.  Just time consuming and of course, need to ship somewhere.Also, if someone fixes them for you, they might break again.
Good luck anyway,  Richard

This, more than anything, is why I finally switched to AT853s. CA-14s sound great, but the wiring is fragile as hell.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2021 Taperssection.com