Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Is this Zip complete??  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Just Taper Mark from NC

• when the bass kicks..all I need is a mic and a stage and mix.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Dodgertown 90090
Is this Zip complete??
« on: September 06, 2004, 10:25:50 PM »
I have loads and loads of stuff from my moms house I never really went through and i've
finally decided it's time.my stepfather had an uber home office before he died before my
mom and I have been taking stuff to goodwill like old HP printers,CPU's,multi line phones
etc,etc....

anyhow,I came across this zip drive that has one cable and the power cord.there are 2
cable ports(?) on the back of it and I was wondering if you needed 2 or not ??? there
are disks here 2 so I figured if it was complete I might hold on to this and try to utilize it.

is there any software I need and is it worth keeping or should it get donated too?

thanks for the help!
Positive vibration man.That's what makes it work.That's reggae music.You can't look away because it is real.You listen to what I sing because I mean what I sing,there's no secret,no big deal.,Just honesty,that's all."-Hon. Robert Nesta Marley 1977

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
Re: Is this Zip complete??
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 10:32:07 PM »
Yes, thats a complete seriel zipp 100 drive. I gave 2 of them sitting in a box right now. The 2nd cale is to piggy back them. say using it between a printer and the CPU. I did that for awhile. This was before USB took presedence. I think the software should be available online.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

Offline Just Taper Mark from NC

• when the bass kicks..all I need is a mic and a stage and mix.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Dodgertown 90090
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 10:35:47 PM »
so my understanding is that there is better technology out there and I should
just  go ahead and donate it with the rest. it's not like I do stuff like you or any
of these IT guys around here,I'm just a simpleton ;D and would probably never
use it anyway.
Positive vibration man.That's what makes it work.That's reggae music.You can't look away because it is real.You listen to what I sing because I mean what I sing,there's no secret,no big deal.,Just honesty,that's all."-Hon. Robert Nesta Marley 1977

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 11:11:46 AM »
Yeah, there is more recent stuff. And you may have trouble finding zip 100 discs ( they have 700 MB zip discs now). The old drives will not play the higher capacity discs. But a new zip drive will read zip 100 discs. I used to use zip disks alot but that was before cheap ass CDR media. I have not really used one since. I'd donate and get the tax credit.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com