Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need Help Setting Up New Rig  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Bloomer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Someones got to turn the page....
Need Help Setting Up New Rig
« on: August 17, 2004, 08:23:29 PM »
Just received my UA-5w and I would like to see if it works and puts out a signal to my D8.  Studio Project C4's are conected to the preamp.  Need advise!  I have a sony 7 pin just dont know how to use everything.  I'm definetly a "cherry" at the taping thing.
SP-CMC-8>ACM 660

Offline Bloomer

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Need Help Setting Up New Rig
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 10:04:29 PM »
OK here is whats going on.  The UA-5w works finw with the mic hooked up and sends signal to dat just fine.  My problem now is the software.  I have installed it however there is no sound from my>UA5>usb>computer.  I should at least be able to hear the dat recording.  Do I need sound forge?
SP-CMC-8>ACM 660

Offline Bloomer

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 10:16:00 PM »
No sound when I run the D8 through the UA5>usb>computer    However, I can run the dat directly to my computer and it works fine with good sound.  Set now  D8>7pin> into coaxial in (with ADV on)>usp>computer     
SP-CMC-8>ACM 660

Offline Bloomer

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 10:22:59 PM »
Yes, I do have the output side of the seven pin into the input Coaxial on the UA5.
SP-CMC-8>ACM 660

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 11:51:12 PM »
Do you have a digimod UA5? It sure sounds like it by the fact that you hooked your dat>coax to UA5. Digimod cuts the USB port out of the picture and allows only digital outputs ie:optical/coax. Listen w/ headphones thru your UA5 headphone output or hit record and listen on your DAT deck after w/ headphones. Good luck and definetly have fun recordin' +t.
Peace
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline sexymexi

• Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 12:06:18 AM »
i've had problems with mine, and i've come to a conclusion that its the ua-5, it transfers digitally fine, but not directly from mics>ua5>pc, its weird, i've gotta call oade's here soon, but i have a show friday so i'm gonna wait till next week. 

i take it you installed the driver software.  its pretty self explanatory, read everything and do exactly as it says. i tried just installing it, and it didn't work, i had to start over.  follow that, and in you recording software make sure you select the right sound card.  In wavelab, you have to select a recording source, and playback.  Do not select playback, cause its digi modded and can't send to the ua-5.  it should work, its really self explanatory if you install it exactly the way it says to.  good luck man, get it working.  peace.

Matt
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com