Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Good Headphone Recomendations For Recording/Jam Session  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Cactus

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Sittin @ 4-5 2 in a row...WOW!!!
Good Headphone Recomendations For Recording/Jam Session
« on: September 02, 2004, 08:03:34 AM »
..hey now , im looking for a really good pair of headphones for the band to purchase to start recording and to use during jam sessions.. basically we will be running from a the line out of our amps straight into t he board and run headphones out, .. im looking for something that will not overload but can def. put out some noise.. ive checked out sony and akg on some instrument sites, but figured there are some success stories on here,, peace and thanks

michael
Cactus ... Cactus

Bring Back The Ugly Funk

Resident Married, Broke, And On Hiatus Taper

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
Re: Good Headphone Recomendations For Recording/Jam Session
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 11:02:16 AM »
another vote for sony mdr-7506....i am in a band and we do the same thing, but i run the board into a 5 channell headphone amp. i have 4 pairs of the sony's and a few cheaper audio techinica headphones. what's cool too is i have a set of the roland v-drums for alsmost silent rehersals...just what i need at 2am in the morning while my wife and kids are sleeping

be careful with line outs into the board...make sure you will not overload the board or your amp...you could blow a fuse on either, or worse. you may be better off with a direct box.

good luck, and happy jammin'
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 11:04:41 AM »
I'd recommend the SOny mdr7506 or the more expensive 7509

H
And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

Offline dr.ph0b

• Local Crew
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • powpow!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 02:05:32 AM »
we all use the AKG HP40's in the little band i play with.  for a while we all jammed with headphones on via the headphone out of the sbd -> headphone distribution amp.  pretty cool way to jam ampless.  drummer has roland vdrums,  and guitars and bass run direct in from the effects processors, etc.   Anyway, those AKG headphones dont overload or distort easily man!  even with the bass drum and bass etc. best headphones in the $50 range you can get for that purpose imo.  the whole reason i was initially sold on them was at the guitar center thats what they were using on the demo roland vdrums and stuff, and i was amazed at the low-end response they could get and no distortion/overload.
sold :(  MK4v->KCY->Sonosax SX-M2/LS2->modSBM1->M1
m-s: mk8/mk4v

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 07:59:08 PM »
Sony V6 or 7506.  The V6 is identical minus the gold plater headphone jack on the 7506.  You can find the V6 for $69.  Great can for monitoring and no, it doesn't distort unless your headphone jack does.

SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com