Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Debating which HDD Recorder to get  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Ian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
Debating which HDD Recorder to get
« on: October 11, 2004, 11:25:33 PM »
Ok, here's the deal. I recieved the iRiver H320 as a gift. The person that bought it for me bought it with the intention of me recording. The guy at Best Buy said it was the best for recording.  ::) Anywho, it doesn't currently support .wav, but it's rumored that in the next firmware it will. What do you all recommend? It's a great player and really nice, I like it. Should I hold out for the firmware and see if it happens? Should I return it and get a iHP140? Another downside is there is no digital in, not a real problem but it'd be nice to have digital in. I might get a JB3 off ebay if this doesn't work out. Any suggestions?
Peluso CEMC-6(matched pair)->V3(optical)->JB3 (16bit, 44.1khz)

Offline DCDireWolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know
Re: Debating which HDD Recorder to get
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 08:49:00 AM »
I have the H140.  I record with it.

Pros:  It's tiny, fits in your pocket.  It records to wav, and then is hard drive, plug and play, no sound card needed.  It's a nifty little music player too, with fm radio, .ogg support, all the shit you get from an iPod.

Cons:  74 minute file limit on recording, you gotta do a "flip".  Regular sample drops that bother some people, personally my ear can't hear it, but some have reported an audible "click" at regular intervals.  No recording levels while you are recording, so you'd have to get a separate meter to monitor your levels on the fly.

I think the JB3 is still the best option for a HDD recorder, but I do just fine with the iRiver.

Peace.
"It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness."  -Jerry Garcia

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.179 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com