Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Nomad 3 battery getting rare  (Read 34309 times)

Offline Tony B

• Needs more sun.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts.
Re: Nomad 3 battery getting rare
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2004, 07:51:52 PM »
Sorry for the delay guys...the batteries are at my shop, and I'm out of town now...no results until next week. Oh, and sickrick, I can understand your trepidition re: absolute shut-down time, but I'm really just looking for a ballpark. When I tape, I'm not really in the habit of running my battery power down to the last ounce of juice. It'd be nice to know that for a fraction of the price, one is able to get roughly the same runtime as two internal batteries.

Caveat, folks--all tests will be conducted with an Amstel Light firmly in hand.

Talk to you in a few.

TB
Coffee is for Closers

MG m200>AM Hyperconducters>V3>JayBeeThree/h120

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2004, 08:10:55 PM »
Caveat, folks--all tests will be conducted with an Amstel Light firmly in hand.

woot +t for the amstel light.  i drank like 12 of those last saturday night...and 6 white russians...and 1 long island...and 2 sierra nevadas...and 2 blue moons...and....open bars at weddings kick ass.

drinking crown tonight

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2004, 04:11:30 AM »
drinking crown tonight

where is the puking icon when you need it? that shit make me puke if i even small it.

yagermiester for me tonight  8)

Offline krebsy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2004, 07:38:19 AM »
where is the puking icon when you need it? that shit make me puke if i even small it.

yagermiester for me tonight  8)

That shit *always* leads to pure craziness where I'm from.  Get some cuties to hang out with and feed 'em that stuff.  Guaranteed good times!!
"Two wrongs don't make a right. Three rights make a left."

Offline musicsherlock

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Team Upstate New York
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2004, 07:41:13 AM »

Been there...done that...

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2004, 12:22:06 PM »
no puking for me last night.  but i was extremely messed up.  no hangover this morning either makes life wonderful.  i think i figured out the way to never have a hangover - keep two nalgenes full of water beside your bed and drink both of them thru the night. 

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2004, 12:32:32 PM »
yager for me last night, no hangover at all :) good stuff

jimmc

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2004, 04:30:08 PM »
Since I'm only getting 2hrs 10mins on 2 JB3 batts, I went ahead and ordered the Power Plant batt yesterday. When I get it, I'll also run a test for max record time. I taped a new Zydeco band from Ithaca, NY last night and my JB3 batts died w/ about 3mins left in the encore.  >:(
Hopefully this new batt cures all.
Jim

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2004, 04:33:54 PM »
how old are those batts? you should get waaaay more runtime than 2:10!!! something is wrong there. do you have your backlight turned to go off in 3 secs? that could be a factor

i ran mine on 2 internals last night that have been used countless times, and i still had 3 bars left after 2 sets of 1:15+...

jimmc

« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2004, 06:57:11 PM »
how old are those batts? you should get waaaay more runtime than 2:10!!! something is wrong there. do you have your backlight turned to go off in 3 secs? that could be a factor

i ran mine on 2 internals last night that have been used countless times, and i still had 3 bars left after 2 sets of 1:15+...

Both batts are a year old.  something is really wrong w/ them. I had no problems at all until about a month ago. I taped a moe. show, and still had 2 bars.  I even listened to it on the way home from the show, and the next day at work.  I charged them again, took them to tape some local stuff, and they died out on me. I thought something must be wrong, but hoped it was a one time thing.  It wasnt.  Full charges only get me about 2+hrs now.  I've tried cycling the batts, but nothing worked.
Oh, I turn the backlight completely off, IR sensor is off, volume down to zero... everything necessary.
I bought my JB3 re-furbished, maybe the batt that came w/ it was junk.  The other was bought new from an online retailer.  Like I said, no problems until last month.
Hopefully the Power Plant batt will solve it, and I wont have to deal w/ it anymore.
Jim

Offline ChrisV

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Proud member of team 'Lux!
    • My Taping Webpage
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2004, 07:17:59 PM »
Shit, I somehow pulled slightly over 3 hours off one internal battery last night LOL...I was getting really worried towards the end of the set ;p    I normally have 2 in but had another JB3 setup at soundboard.
http://taping.4t.com
http://db.etree.org/CV
Superlux CM-H8K/C/H/O -> digimod UA-5 -> JB3

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2004, 08:24:33 PM »
man, your batts must be total shit then. i ran mine 3.5hrs with the backlight on 5 (i think) and the volume up, and checked it periodically by turning on the backlight. never lost a bar

these batts are exclusive to the jb3 i think, thats a shame cause they probably wont supprt replacement of a faulty item cause they are "discontinued"

what sucks is payinh 60+ each for these fuckers now! that is just insane

Offline sethro

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2004, 11:31:52 AM »
I was brain storming ideas about JB3 external power with a friend the other day and he came up with an interesting idea.  He noticed that the internal batteries have four contect points (not just one positive and one negative).  He postulized there may be some circut in the battery that signals the JB3 when the voltage gets too low leading to "graceful shutdown".   What if one gutted an old dead battery found the circut ,connected a female plug to it and the male end to an external battery.  In essence turning an internal battery into a plug-in for an external battery.  Would the JB3 "see" the external as an internal battery?  Is this even worth the time of tearing apart a battery?   

PS.  This is my first post to TS.  A big thanks to everyone here and at the shows for the knowledge and support.   

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2004, 11:43:14 AM »
Sethro, dude, you said "postulized."  Welcome to TS.  T+

thierryhenry

« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2004, 02:02:31 PM »
Any other news on the Powerplant External?

We know:

It can be charged through the JB3 (like Bean said), but Tony is testing the maximum time? I am very happy to have it even with running 2 internals, I'd guess 10-15 hours, with this bad boy? I'd like to get it as an x-mas present, anything else you can think of against it? Thanks.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com