Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Neutrik Question  (Read 5590 times)

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Neutrik Question
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2004, 02:14:20 PM »
If you have very little room to work with shrink tubing inside the connector shell, you can also use teflon plumbers tape as an insulator.  Just wrap each joint by repeatedly threading the tape between the junctions and wired and pull the tape tight. 

i think what you're describing is simply an overkill.  if the solder joints are done properly no bare wire is exposed; therefore, no chance of shorting out Pin 2 and/or 3.

marc

"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2004, 05:11:47 PM »
If you have very little room to work with shrink tubing inside the connector shell, you can also use teflon plumbers tape as an insulator.  Just wrap each joint by repeatedly threading the tape between the junctions and wired and pull the tape tight. 

i think what you're describing is simply an overkill.  if the solder joints are done properly no bare wire is exposed; therefore, no chance of shorting out Pin 2 and/or 3.

marc

So you also consider shrink tubing overkill? 

The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2004, 12:23:10 PM »

marc

So you also consider shrink tubing overkill? 

hi there;

..use of shrink tubing in general?  no.

shrink tubing the 3 pins inside the xlr housing? yes, i completely think that's overkill. 

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com