Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: calibrating, what helped me calibrate my svu-x  (Read 1406 times)

Offline bagtagsell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Man is condemned to be free- Sartre
calibrating, what helped me calibrate my svu-x
« on: December 14, 2004, 01:04:41 PM »
I wanted to calibrate my svu, but didn't know the first thing about calibrating. I read some posts here, but nothing was getting through to me.  Note this was my fault not theirs.  So this is what I did.
1. In sound forge create a tone.  GO to tools>synthesis>simple choose white noise, or sine.
2. Play and loop play back.  Note you will get a slight hiccup when the sample starts over.  You could also copy and paste the same sample over and over again
3. Get your rig up and running
4. Place your mics next to your speaker
5. Turn up the volume on your speakers, if you have neighboors this might get annoying
6. Now I ran My Pre>ADC>into my laptop, wavelab 5 using xlr, and ran PRe>ADC>optical into my jb3
7. Hook up svu-x to 1/8 out on JB3
8. Check meter on Wavelab 5
9. Adjust volume on pre to you get the right level you want to calibrate from.  I wanted -3 db to be where the red lights first come on
10. Adjust the pots on the back of the svu until desired level is reached. So I knew I was geting a -3db level from my pre, b/c I used wavelab 5 to find that out, so I just dialed that in.  Now I have a red light that comes on when it hits -3db.

I also did this to calibrate my v2>mme.  Hope this helps and doesn't confuse
MG200/210>m148>v3>MT2496

*aspiring gear slut of the month year*
"I am the gear slut goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob"

Offline mirth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
Re: calibrating, what helped me calibrate my svu-x
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 01:32:04 PM »
Thats pretty much the condensed version of the steps outlined in the thread. +t
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com