Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I think Im doomed to never have decent playback  (Read 4858 times)

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stomach Full of Regret
Re: I think Im doomed to never have decent playback
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2004, 11:55:50 AM »
sorry, gotta disagree with that suggestion as your primary playback option.  I enjoy listening on phones from time to time, but I like the experience of the soundstage opening up in front of me and the visceral effect of music can only be felt in open playback, imo.  I'm sure Alex would benefit from jonny's john setup, but I'm not sure what it has to do with anything.  I think getting yourself something with decent power from best buy or circuitcity is a good idea.  look around for open box deals for things with blemishes and full warranties.  don't spend a ton, but you'll get something very listenable for a decent price.

Offline Swampy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • You Worthless Swampy Fool
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2004, 11:57:46 AM »
I still will have money to throw around at phones too... What could you really get for like 150 or 200 as far as heaphones and an amp go? Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2004, 12:02:40 PM »
you can get a set of Sennheiser HD-580's off ebay brand new for around $125.  I have these and love them.  great full sound and non-fatiguing.  also very comfortable to listen on.  highly recommended.

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2004, 01:04:43 PM »
you can get the Sony 7506's for $100 or so.... world class headphones used by studio and live engineers the world over.

great website
http://headphone.com/layout.php
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2004, 01:29:04 PM »
I am a huge fan of the Grado series...while the open design takes some getting used to, once you do they are the most comfortable and natural sounding headphones I have ever used...I use the SR80s right now...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com