Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Who's got the fastest setup  (Read 9832 times)

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Who's got the fastest setup
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2004, 05:25:07 PM »
is toss the wook like the caper toss?

Offline Tall Adam

• The Artist Formerly Known as GQJSP
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2004, 05:25:28 PM »
With everyone bragging, we should set up a head-to-head contest. ala the ones they have for bartenders. We'd have such categories as quickest rig set up, quickest breakdown, blocking competetion, toss the wooks and hottie spotting.  :P

I can see it now...Taper Olympics!!!

we do something like this over the summer at my summer job (raft guide in maine) guide olympics...all random events remotely related to rafting with a whole lot of drinking and fun involved. kicks ass

Offline redseed

• Taperssection Newbie
  • Word to all of the business ladies!
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2004, 05:38:45 PM »
I have the fastest setup!

SBD->MT-877
 ;)

Offline Tall Adam

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2004, 05:39:52 PM »
yep you also have your ass kicked out of the club the fastest when the FOH catches you fuckin with his board and tears you a new one...

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2004, 05:43:06 PM »
i'm in at about 5 minutes.  usually i have 5 people handing me tshirts or other stuff saying "can you put this in your bag" which gets annoying.  that happened at mmj, i was having some trouble getting my stand up and i have 5 of my friends handing me cds and tshirts expecting me to throw them in my bag so they can get a good spot up front.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

urobouros

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2004, 06:21:37 PM »
i'm in at about 5 minutes.  usually i have 5 people handing me tshirts or other stuff saying "can you put this in your bag" which gets annoying.  that happened at mmj, i was having some trouble getting my stand up and i have 5 of my friends handing me cds and tshirts expecting me to throw them in my bag so they can get a good spot up front.

Looks like 5 folks that won't get a copy of the show!  ;)

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2004, 06:41:04 PM »
haha, naw, i just yelled at them a bit after the show and said that i'd be happy to place all of their stuff by my bag or in my bag, but when i'm still setting up is not the time to ask.  gotta way 15 minutes or so, so i can calm down and focus on things around me.  for some reason i get really tense right before a show and i stay tense until after i get setup.  then i get tense again right before the music starts.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

urobouros

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2004, 07:19:04 PM »
I get excited just because I want to do it right.  I just started taping, but I'm a perfectionist in terms of doing the best with what I have.  I know that my rig is pretty low-end but I still like the tape I've pulled with it thus far.  Anything is better than the ole' MS907>MD setup!  ;D

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2004, 07:49:02 PM »
nothing wrong with the luxes i ran those for close to a year.  +t

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2004, 08:14:25 PM »
hmmm...think we need to have some taper olympics here....time people and see how fast they can pull it off, could make it interesting, apply some pressure...throw some spun wooks at you, dump some water to simulate rain...etc ;D
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline Tim

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2004, 08:18:26 PM »
some of those goggles that simulate being drunk should be used... either that or we should actually get wasted before hand :P
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Tall Adam

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2004, 09:31:35 PM »
i vote for the latter  ;). ya know, this could be done at a bigger festival during those boring lazy pre-noon hours....i swear im not a total nerd, just a thought...

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2004, 10:08:04 PM »
i'm up in a couple mins...take the film cannisters off the caps, drop the stud adaptor which i leave in my schoeps mount onto the stand, plug in and power up the jb3 and psp-2, mod sbm-1, and hosa box (all 3 of which can be done in a matter of seconds), switch to record mode on jb3 and double check i'm going wav ;) and that's it.

set up and tear down are easy for me...it's keeping everything going during the show that i've been having problems wiht :P

mostly just battery issues, easy enough to fix.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline Tim

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2004, 10:14:10 PM »
it's keeping everything going during the show that i've been having problems wiht :P

not uncommon for little stupid shit to go wrong when you completely switch rigs... you'll get it worked out soon. I need to hear some of your new tapes...
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline JAH

• Taperssection Member
  • The kids they dance, they shake their bones!
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2004, 08:27:54 AM »
All depends on the bag used.....stealth or the Carin take time to re-situate if the MMe is being used...using the sbm vice the MME is the same as using the RAKGEAR bag...all set up (including tape in the recorder), just pull out the mics (that are in film cans and on the bar) and hit record.  Either hand hold or clamp.

JAH

edited for spelling  bad>bag
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 11:17:42 AM by JAH »
Taping, it's a team sport!
km140/150>M148>mme or msbm-1
...yes screwdriver impaired
modified akg 461/2/ck8
iH120...and a slew of dat decks ;-(

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com