Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A-Phile 2496 troubles!  (Read 3930 times)

Offline peterbilt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
A-Phile 2496 troubles!
« on: January 06, 2005, 03:43:29 PM »
I recentely upgraded from Windows ME to 2000 and now my card is all f'd up! I reinstalled the drivers(after a big hassle getting them to be identified by 2000!), and now the card will not transfer any sound from the PC to my monitors. i have gone through the "Sounds & Multimedia" setup and tried every possible option offered (as far as choosing a device to use for playback, recording and MIDI output) and nothing is working

Previously (when I used ME), I had everything setup so that i could transfer from DAT>the stoopid card:)>PC so that i could monitor the transfer while it was being written to my drive.

I haven't hooked up the D8 to give it a shot yet, I am still trying to simply get output from my card to the speakers!

Any ideas?

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: A-Phile 2496 troubles!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 04:00:02 PM »
Have you tried changing the settings in your recording software? Are you able to record to your pc even without being able to monitor it?

Offline peterbilt

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 04:18:21 PM »
I just tried hooking up the D8 to see if could get a signal to CDWAV (I need to reinstall SF) and it (cdwav) was getting no signal at all. I went through and disabled the original soundcard that came with the system when i bought it and still nothing...kinda getting on my last few nerves over here!

Done loads of restarting after adjusting settings and nothing...

AAAAHHHHHHHHRRRGGGHHH!!!!!

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 04:26:53 PM »
did you upgrade to win2k as a clean install (reformat the hard drive and start from scratch) or by upgrading over an existing install of me?

If the latter, I STRONGLY suggest reformatting your hard drive and starting over from scratch -- way too many possible driver confilcts/issues could exist due to an upgrade.

Darrin

Offline peterbilt

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 09:47:23 PM »
did you upgrade to win2k as a clean install (reformat the hard drive and start from scratch) or by upgrading over an existing install of me?

If the latter, I STRONGLY suggest reformatting your hard drive and starting over from scratch -- way too many possible driver confilcts/issues could exist due to an upgrade.

Darrin

I did NOT do the clean install :-[, and I have NO knowledge of reformatting discs soo....

Know anywhere I can look for the details on how to go about doing this? ;)

Now that I think about it, that's probably why I had a hard time getting my PC to recognize my modem. ???

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 03:40:28 PM »
Are you sure you have the M-Audio mixer configured right?
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 04:16:45 PM »
EASIEST/SAFEST way to do a clean install, buy a new hard drive and install it in place of the existing hard drive.

Once everything's running on the new drive, install the old one as a second drive and delete whatever you don't need (or simply reformat the old drive and you'll have extra storage space).

If you run into problems with the install on the new drive, re-installing the old one will leave you EXACTLY where you left off.

Check the ad sections in sunday papers, you can pick up pretty huge drives these days for really cheap prices.

Offline peterbilt

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 08:12:35 AM »
so....

I have now done a clean install and things are getting better. I can now get the card to pass a signal from my D8 to the monitors, but I STILL cannot get it to play any audio files that are on my hard drive. :(
Previously, all I had to do was alter the settings in the patchbay/router tab (from SPDIF in>wav out) and things went peachy. Now it's more like a rotten peach! >:(

At least I can get it pass a signal from my deck though :)

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 10:19:27 AM »
but I STILL cannot get it to play any audio files that are on my hard drive. :(

Have you tried?: Hardware Settings tab > Master Clock > Internal

Offline fsulloway

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 04:48:48 PM »
but I STILL cannot get it to play any audio files that are on my hard drive. :(

Have you tried?: Hardware Settings tab > Master Clock > Internal

Ditto! this got me a few times.
schoeps ccm4's, mk4v, mk2h, mk41
AKG ck62, ck63, ck61
Nbob/pfa, Naiant/pfa
SD 10T

"Wilmington, North Carolina....Let us hear your motherf***in' pride!" Patterson Hood 12-09-04

"Just About Unwound From Chasing Down The Sound"

Offline rerem

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2005, 07:11:23 AM »
First GO TO M-Audio site and see if there are drivers for Win2k. Often Win98/Me drivers don't work on 2k or XP-If you have a drivers CD it may have something but you should check anyhow as you may be able to DL newer driver

pcmm1

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 07:14:36 PM »
Probably the exact same problem here. Been working on it for weeks.
My audiophile  had worked fine for recording to PC with CD Wav from DAT. Now - zip, no matter what settings in audiophile control panel. No matter how many reinstalls. No matter uninstalling Windows SP2.
It's gotta be a Windows thing, can't adjust any volume controls in Control panel>Sound and Audio Devices>Volume. Can't get programs>accessories>entertainment>volume control to stick to the needed settings.
Same story with an Edirol UA-!D USB audio interface.

Can someone please tell me how to do the clean install mentioned above? or a link please?
If I have to buy a new HD just to transfer audio ... well my days with Windows systems and HP tech support  are done.
Thanks in advance

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2005, 07:29:34 PM »
Probably the exact same problem here. Been working on it for weeks.
My audiophile  had worked fine for recording to PC with CD Wav from DAT. Now - zip, no matter what settings in audiophile control panel. No matter how many reinstalls. No matter uninstalling Windows SP2.
It's gotta be a Windows thing, can't adjust any volume controls in Control panel>Sound and Audio Devices>Volume. Can't get programs>accessories>entertainment>volume control to stick to the needed settings.
Same story with an Edirol UA-!D USB audio interface.

Can someone please tell me how to do the clean install mentioned above? or a link please?
If I have to buy a new HD just to transfer audio ... well my days with Windows systems and HP tech support  are done.
Thanks in advance

the controls for M-Audio products are in control panel under M-Audioxxxxxxxxxxx, not under sounds and audio devices.

the water's clean and innocent

pcmm1

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2005, 07:04:56 AM »
I think I may have the same or similiar problem as peterbilt. I've been working on it since jan 4 with the m-Audio techsupt.
Still no levels in CD wav.
Digital transfer - used to be the simplest thing. If anyone can give be suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Workflow is DAT> 7 pin- coax S/PDIF in Audiohile Firewire>firewire to PC> CD Wav.

The audiophile control panel settings that used to work with the above workflow:

Mixer tab: spdif sw rtn: spd
               spdif in: spd
mixer settings (far right box): output bus

Output tab: spdif: main
                  phones: spd
Hardware tab: sync source: external
                    headphones out: A/B

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 01:05:30 PM by pcmm1 »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com