Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: power cords  (Read 6059 times)

Offline scervin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: power cords
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2005, 06:51:02 PM »
I've read all that as well, I just thought you might have discussed it with Chris.  I saw it rejected noise and such, and I'm sure it does sound much better.  However I had not seen it discussed as a "power conditioner"  I agree that it is a must do something to help out the background noise, but again it never mentioned which filters it used and the like.  I just usually think of a "power conditioner's" as Exact Audio, Richard Gray, etc.  I'm actually hoping to score a PS Audio PP300 w/ fan off the 'gon.  

BTW, I'm not trashing your purchase, just looking to see what it does as I'm thinking of adding it to the upstairs system.

thanks
sc.

Offline JackoRoses

• Needs to get out more...
  • lost cause
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2005, 06:51:42 PM »
I don't notice any noise in my playback but the outlet I'm plugged into also feeds TONS of other stuff in my house.  I'd probably be amazed if I took an hour and ran a dedicated circuit!  :-\   My point, though, is that I think noise in home playback  is one of those things that you never notice till it's gone.

This thread often makes me wonder how much of market there is for design/build high end home theaters. ($$)
if you build it they will come
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2005, 06:56:06 PM »
I don't notice any noise in my playback but the outlet I'm plugged into also feeds TONS of other stuff in my house. I'd probably be amazed if I took an hour and ran a dedicated circuit! :-\ My point, though, is that I think noise in home playback is one of those things that you never notice till it's gone.

My system makes a little bit of noise when the TV is on, I can hear the difference... it's not dramatic and doesn't really distract me much but if I'm really critically listening I like to have it off. It's slight but even Sara hears it...

it made a much bigger difference than I ever would have expected.
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2005, 08:18:09 PM »
I don't care if I can measure it, I care if I can hear it.

If I cared about measurements I wouldn't run tubes.

Dude, I didn't mean to piss you off!
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline Nick Culbreth

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2005, 08:50:28 PM »
I don't care if I can measure it, I care if I can hear it.

Quoted for truth.

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2005, 09:46:59 PM »

Oh crap, that made me laugh out loud.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline Tim

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2005, 10:55:50 PM »
You didn't piss me off at all D!

glad you two saw the humor in it though :P
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com