Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Computer > Stereo ?  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Computer > Stereo ?
« on: March 23, 2005, 09:41:40 AM »
Does anyone use the "remote desktop" feature in windows to run a computer with soundcard that is hooked directly to your stereo?

With the "remote desktop" I can control the computer/stereo from the laptop wirelessly any where in the house, although I don't have speakers in every room.

Just a thought

colin

Occasionally....music mics record

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: Computer > Stereo ?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 09:58:46 AM »
I don't see why you couldn't.  I've used Remote Desktop in XP a lot, and its pretty good, actually.  The only issue is that you have to have XP Pro to do the actual controlling - XP Home only allows connections (I believe... either that or vice versa)
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

BobW

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 05:54:52 PM »
Seis de Mayo is currently playing on iTunes on the remote box from my local CD which is mapped to it.
How cool is that ?

Remote desktop is a gas, I like it much better than TS, Nops, Daimwar, BNC, PCRemote, and newtopier.
Usually much less latency.

Offline Diggin

• Taperssection All-Star
  • The similarities are frightening.
    • 10,000 Motherf*ckers
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 06:35:04 PM »
if you have xp home, grab TightVNC or any VNC program.  I Remote Desktop or VNC everyday at work.  Half the time I use them just to stream music from my home computer on my work computer since flac files are just small enough for my bandwidth at home to upload.
Toshiba HD-A2 > HDMI > Panasonic TH-50PX600U
audio to be built soon

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com