Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: powering SBM-1  (Read 2870 times)

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
powering SBM-1
« on: May 20, 2005, 08:56:01 AM »
Hey y'all... I'm a total moron when it comes to power issues... but I was wondering, is it safe/possible to power my (m)SBM-1 w/ a regular universal AC adapter, as long as I set the volts correctly and stuff (6v, I believe)?

have access to power tomorrow night, and would like to use it, if possible!

Thanks
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
Re: powering SBM-1
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 09:05:05 AM »
sony ac-mz60 power adapter says
output: DC 6V 800mA

My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 11:23:13 AM »
Hey, thanks for your response... but just to show you how dumb I am, does that mean its all good to use an AC Adapter that is set to 6v?

+T
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 11:39:19 AM »
I'd stick with batteries -- the dc power provided by batteries is cleaner than that provided by an ac>dc converter and isn't susceptible to ground loop issues, etc.

if you're not already doing so, get some high capacity nimh rechargable aa batteries (to run internally).  A fully charged set will last an entire recording session.

Offline neutrino

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 11:54:34 AM »
You need to see what mA the power supply puts out at 6V's. If the amp output is to low the SBM may not function correctly and if to high, you could blow some of circuitry. I would say somewhere between 800 and 1000 mA's and you'd be alright.
dB-
CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

marc0789

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 12:01:45 PM »
I'd stick with batteries -- the dc power provided by batteries is cleaner than that provided by an ac>dc converter and isn't susceptible to ground loop issues, etc.

if you're not already doing so, get some high capacity nimh rechargable aa batteries (to run internally).  A fully charged set will last an entire recording session.

yeah, second that. I quit even bothering with an sla. I bought some energizer 2500 mah. I've been getting 5+ hours on the sbm-1, still at least 3 bars left, sometimes four.

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 12:20:57 PM »

yeah, second that. I quit even bothering with an sla. I bought some energizer 2500 mah. I've been getting 5+ hours on the sbm-1, still at least 3 bars left, sometimes four.

ditto. except i use the powerex batts from maha energy. recommended.
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 05:32:15 PM »
yeah, I have the energizers as well, but figured I could forgo them, but I'll just use 'em.

Thansk doods

+Ts

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com