Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Adobe Audtion/CEP help: record >2 tracks, align SBD/AUD  (Read 2237 times)

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
Adobe Audtion/CEP help: record >2 tracks, align SBD/AUD
« on: June 08, 2005, 01:42:03 AM »
I'm using Adobe Audition (formerly CEP) for matrixing SBD/AUD tracks.

One question is how to align tracks.  Can someone walk me through the steps take two tracks, SBD/AUD, recorded with different machines, and line them up.  I can load both tracks into the Multitrack view, but I need to either split them up and align by hand, or better yet, to line up start and end and stretch/compress one of them to match.  I really don't understand the Multitrack view, so I need some help here.

The second question.  Is it possible to record more than two tracks using Audition?  Suppose I have two USB devices, one connected to mics and the other connected to the SBD.  I think I can set up the multitrack view to show both of them.  Can I start both recording at the same time?  Maybe they won't be excactly synced, but they might be close enough.  Or maybe I just need to buy a 4 or 8 track device.

Thanks in advance for any help...
  Richard
Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Adobe Audtion/CEP help: record >2 tracks, align SBD/AUD
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 09:56:23 AM »
Aligning tracks
Split the SBD tracks and adjust align each as necessary.  If there's a lot of drift, you may need to create more, smaller tracks so you have more re-alignment points throughout.  I split the SBD up into tracks in CDWave first, but no reason you can't just do it in the multitrack view:  right-click | split.  To align, zoom in and do it visually - IME time stretch / compression doesn't work.

Recording multiple sources simultaneously
Sorry, I have no idea if this is possible.  I suspect so, but I don't know how to do so.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 12:40:50 AM »
Might we not want to start a child forum under Computer Recording for all things "software editing" topics?  Just as there seems to be no end to the number of questions about remote powering of the JB3  :P... this topic and it's ilk could use some focus.  JM2c

Or at least more judicious use of    :)
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline NewHomebrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 08:20:23 PM »
FWIW, I see a lot of posts about doing matrix recordings in post production.  Might we not want to start a child forum under Computer Recording for all things "software editing" topics?  Just as there seems to be no end to the number of questions about remote powering of the JB3  :P... this topic and it's ilk could use some focus.  JM2c

I sure hope not!  These projects are the work of the devil.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com