Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: KLH Model 5 Speakers (Anybody heard of these?)  (Read 1772 times)

Offline spott

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
KLH Model 5 Speakers (Anybody heard of these?)
« on: June 22, 2005, 04:50:02 PM »
My girlfriends' father gave me a set of these (probably 20+ years old) and they seem to be in pretty good shape... I'm going to set these puppies up later this afternoon. Anyone know anything about these?

Offline cheshirecat

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: KLH Model 5 Speakers (Anybody heard of these?)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 04:59:26 PM »
http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.mpl?forum=vintage&n=27548&highlight=klh+5&r=&session=

There is actually a lot out there about vintage speakers, and some have quite a following.  I have a pair of Large advents that after swapping out a couple caps in the xover and installing new surrounds sound damn good.  I mean really good, surprising cause they look like they belong in someone's basment.  If only they were smaller, they don't work so well in the new smaller apt unfrotunately (i think some m22 ti's are headed my way)  :)
SB2 / Rega P1 > Modified Dynaco PAS2 > Modified Dynaco MK-IV monoblocks> Axiom M22 v2

Offline spott

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 05:04:26 PM »
+T thanks for the link, I've been coming across all sorts of 'vintage' equipment recently... I found an old Dynaco tube pre in my grandmother's basement last summer, it's great to swap all the stuff in/out. I'll have to more snooping about these KLH's

Offline cheshirecat

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 05:09:32 PM »
Ahh the PAS2/3, i have several of them.  They're actually pretty nice pres, plus they were originally populated with telefunken tubes and run at 10-11V so they should all test as new and bring you some coin if you're looking to liquidate them on ebay (around the $200 ballpark).

Very open and airy "3D" type of sound to the pre.  Can be easily updated to replace anything out of whack in there.  Also a bunch of mods avaialbe, check out http://home.netcarrier.com/%7Erstevens/pas.html

SB2 / Rega P1 > Modified Dynaco PAS2 > Modified Dynaco MK-IV monoblocks> Axiom M22 v2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com