Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Advice wanted !  (Read 2750 times)

Offline Mofo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • SP BMC-3 -> SP SPSB-1 -> Sony MZ-RH710
Advice wanted !
« on: June 24, 2005, 08:12:36 PM »
Today I recorded (live music) for the first time ( for my rig see http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=44839.0 ) Now I have a recording on my Hi-MD and it sounds good but....

SB-BMC-3 mic's --> SP-SPSB1 (bass-roll-of flat) --> Sony MZ-RH710 --> ???

What software (I love freeware  :) ) can you recommend to transfer it to my pc, edit/create the tracks, make fade in/fade out ect. ?
My PC runs with Windows XP Prof.
I did not use the T-mark button.

Thanks.....

Online tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Advice wanted !
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 08:34:39 PM »
Freeware? Audacity springs to mind. Here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Offline itook2much

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKA rspencer
    • my masters
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 09:43:48 PM »
Transfer to PC by USB using SonicStage3.  A version of SonicStage should have come with your Hi-MD.  If it's not 3, go to the Sony site to upgrade (free).  In SS3, you can export to whatever folder you'd like in .wav, & then use any .wav editing program (Audacity, or non-freeware like Soundforge, Nero, etc.).

Good luck, and +t for your first show.
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > CS BB > Edirol R-09

Backups:  DPA 4060 (1/8"), SP-BMC-2, SP-SPSB-6, Sony MZ-NH1

Quote from: tomluvsgiants
rule #1 - get the show taped
rule #2 - see rule #1    >:D

Quote from: Grace Hopper
“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”

Offline Mofo

• Taperssection Newbie
  • SP BMC-3 -> SP SPSB-1 -> Sony MZ-RH710
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 03:12:58 AM »
Thanks.... Indeed I have Sonic Stage 3. But Before starting to use it or mess-up the recording I thought it is wise to ask..

Thanks again,

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 08:49:06 AM »
Once you transer it on to the puter you will need a .wav editor as others mentioned.  I use cdwav editor and is a free version.    shn and flac tools are avaialible here as well.!http://etree.org/index.html   

Audacity is mentioned a lot on this forum although I have not used it.  I use wavelab ( hacked, free) on the PC and PEAK LE ( not free) on my MAc. 
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Ray76

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 08:53:04 AM »
Once you transer it on to the puter you will need a .wav editor as others mentioned.  I use cdwav editor and is a free version.    shn and flac tools are avaialible here as well.!http://etree.org/index.html   

Audacity is mentioned a lot on this forum although I have not used it.  I use wavelab ( hacked, free) on the PC and PEAK LE ( not free) on my MAc. 

hey bud, im not a mod, but you may want to watch the hacked/free software references. not tryin to step on anyones toes, just tryin to save you some flack.

Ray

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 09:03:23 AM »

hey bud, im not a mod, but you may want to watch the hacked/free software references. not tryin to step on anyones toes, just tryin to save you some flack.

Ray

wow Ray I ahd no idea that telling everyone what kind of software  you use( or how you obtained it)  is bad.  I will not do it again.  In my defense I did not recommend that one should go and hack any software, nor did I mention any sites where this can be done.  Are there any hard and fast moderator type rules on this?  the only reason I mentioned it is in the spirit of telling everyone what type of eq, software, model numbers we use etc.  He!! some have rig postings as sig lines! I was honestly trying to help this guy, not offering to hack any software for him.   ???
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Ray76

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 09:11:06 AM »

Ray

wow Ray I ahd no idea that telling everyone what kind of software  you use( or how you obtained it)  is bad.  I will not do it again.  In my defense I did not recommend that one should go and hack any software, nor did I mention any sites where this can be done.  Are there any hard and fast moderator type rules on this?  the only reason I mentioned it is in the spirit of telling everyone what type of eq, software, model numbers we use etc.  He!! some have rig postings as sig lines! I was honestly trying to help this guy, not offering to hack any software for him.   ???

No , I wasnt questioning your motives bud, at all. I was just trying to keep you from possibly catchin flack from somewhere else. "Trial" software shouldnt be talked about unless in pm, thats what I gathered anyhow. I think the mods just want to keep the place warezed references free. Just some friendly advice bud. Ive been guilty of the same thing. +T  I know you werent tryin to offer hacks to him or anything. Just cover your ass man, thats all. Like I said, I got scorned for it as well.
Ray

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2005, 01:19:14 PM »
FWIW, my take on the s/w cracking discussion (or rather, lack thereof in this instance): 

Okay
  • mentioning the software one uses
  • referencing legit demo or trial versions
Not Okay
  • telling others one knows where to access "demo" ;) ;) ;) or "trial"  ;) ;) ;) software
  • linking to external sites that distribute cracked software
A good rule of thumb:  if you wouldn't say it to a law enforcement officer, you probably shouldn't post it.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline rerem

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 11:53:15 PM »
Thanks.... Indeed I have Sonic Stage 3. But Before starting to use it or mess-up the recording I thought it is wise to ask..

Thanks again,
You won't affect the MD original and when you do a process on the puter-there is "Save" and there is "undo" and soon you will see what can be done with those. If you care enough about music to buy mics and an MD recorder,you should get Soundforge. Audition is an option-not as easy to learn,Wavelad-nice but price is high

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com