Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: best discs for imaging?  (Read 6364 times)

BobW

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: best discs for imaging?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 04:08:43 PM »
I had no idea it wasn't working, but now that you mention it,... it does seem sort of inactive. I'll write the webmaster, Barry, and let him know.
I haven't seen t-shirs at the shows for a long time, but the cd's are still available.

Apparently there is only one CD available, a mixed performance, no info on the recordist, but the preview MP3s seem to be ambient.
Anyone who we know ?

Send $15 to Jon McNally on the contacts list and he says that he'll hook you up.
Damn if "Summertime" doesn't sound sweet.   8)

Mike, are any others in circulation ?

I still want a contrabass low -E string of catgut with a cat's tail on it to hang from my rearview.......   ;D    <kidding, kitty lovers>

Ray76

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 05:27:33 PM »
Tim,

Hit the Hutchins Consort discs for the first two that Ray mentions. The Consort plays an all time epic Barbers Adagio that'll tear at your emotions for ten minutes or so.
Day four of the CdM Baroque festival is pretty damn precise in its imaging, and they play out lots of Bach and the other baroque masters. And the players are absolutely top shelf. The cello player is unbelievably good in that recording!

speaking of which,.....
Those masters are getting transfered to 24/48 dvd for the all day playback blissing, yea!
I played back an entire 24/41 tHC guest mix collection yesterday afternoon, and it was so cool too be able to listen that long without changing discs!!

ima check those out Moke.

The Choral Barbers adagio (which is called Agnus Dei, still by barber)
is IMHO the best choral piece ever written. I get all weird inside when i hear it.

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2005, 07:03:19 PM »
A hint, a secret, about the studio recordings,.... its mastered in reverse order of how they actually appear on stage. The studio recording has the bass section to the left, and highs to the right :-X :lol:
It was mastered by Stan Kentons son.

that's funny, my history of jazz prof in college played trombone in Stan Kenton's big band for a few years
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

BobW

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2005, 10:15:14 PM »

A mixed performance? ?? ???
:hmmm: I've been pestering at them for a long time to utilize our live recordings, rather than to go into the studio... I wonder if they did? Its been a couple of months since the season ended, and I haven;t spoken to them since then,.... :hmmm:   ...................
I'll ask Joe again, and see if he might be game, as these guys are truly an American treasure, what with the American made violins that rival the stratovarii.

Use John Atkinson's Stereophile discs as a case in point.
Ambient classical recordings can really kick serious ass.
https://secure.stereophile.com/stereophile/recordings.shtml

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com