Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Battery question.....  (Read 5089 times)

jessedscott

• Trade Count: (0)
Battery question.....
« on: July 19, 2003, 02:34:15 PM »
Ok so last year  this d00d had a car battery(small one) at Trey Tower City. He some how rigged it so he could hook a power strip to it and plug in. Any clue how he did this....?

Why, I have use of a Roland Digital mixer(REAL NICE TOO!) Just starting to think of how I could use this at a show.....

JDS

DaryanLenz

Re:Battery question.....
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 10:23:02 AM »
I have seen this done.  Basicaly, I believe it needs to be charged, probvably with a charger terminated in aligator clips to attach to the terminals.  Then you would have to run a power invertor off of that.  So battery->4-pin->male 4-pin to power invertor.  I think this would work, but again I am not sure.  The only thing I can otherwise think of is to pick up one of those big portable dc car starter deals.  They have a 12/20 if you get the big ones.   You then would plug the invertor into the unit using the cigarrette adapter since the unit has a 12v dc power vsource via the cigarette input.  I hope this makes sense.

Daryan

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 05:28:26 PM »
there was also a guy at bonner springs this tour that i noticed had a car battery of some sort and a power strip running off it, and had wall-warts for all his gear. it was the guys running the ????Lawsons???? the big gold mics to the left of the section, anyone else see them?

DaryanLenz

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 08:49:55 AM »
It may have been a deep cell boat battery FYI!

Daryan

jessedscott

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 06:17:51 PM »
there was also a guy at bonner springs this tour that i noticed had a car battery of some sort and a power strip running off it, and had wall-warts for all his gear. it was the guys running the ????Lawsons???? the big gold mics to the left of the section, anyone else see them?

That is the same guy! Was he splitting them, omni's? I need to do this for IT!

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 11:11:32 PM »
not sure what they were doing. they had the lawsons hung upside down and clamped onto the stand, and a set of mics on the stand that might have been split 24" and they were powering everything off a power strip.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com