Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CSC's: where to stand with my  (Read 1168 times)

Offline auto-de-de

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
CSC's: where to stand with my
« on: July 29, 2005, 12:15:46 PM »
This will be my first time out with my csc's and I was curious if I could get some pointers on where to stand that I can be infront of the stacks, as I understand that for CSC's to get a sweet recording the closer to the stacks the better, and get to watch the performance. Also, any ideas as to where to place my mics? The band allows open taping so I thought about putting the on ends of a pair of glasses, but I think that would probably drive me nuts. Any suggestions would be wonderful!

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
Re: CSC's: where to stand with my
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 12:41:14 PM »
Glasses work, as do over your ears, or clipped to a baseball cap. The higher the better, and *don't move your head*. The ideal spot to stand is at the tip of an equilateral triangle formed by you and the two speaker stacks, but that assumes an acoustically perfect venue and a sound engineer who knows what he's doing...I wouldn't say the closer to the stack the better, because you could get all low end and have the high end fly over your head...10-15 feet from the stacks will likely yield a better result...
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com