Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Coral BX-1500 Speakers  (Read 2539 times)

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
Coral BX-1500 Speakers
« on: July 29, 2005, 05:23:43 PM »
My father in law gave me a pair of these....according to him they were top notch back "in the day".  I have yet to hook them up basically because Heather, even at metion of them, won't let me bring them in the house due to their size.   ::)   Anyone have any experience with these things? 

Most importantly..........anyone have any clue on a used price if I were to try and sell them?  I'd really like to turn them into a nice wide angle zoom.  ;D

« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 09:19:19 PM by BCostigan »
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
Re: Coral BX-1500 Speakers
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 07:23:57 PM »
Well I hooked them up and took a listen.  They do sound pretty nice.  Mids and highs are really smooth with an increadible amount of seaparation.  I listeded to one of Moke's (Tapers from Hell)  recordings (Dead, Cal Expo, 6/8/1990 split omis) and I could hear all 6 of them more clearly than on my Polk RTi8s.  Definatly impressive (sweet recording too!)

The low end is kinda tubby....and that's the recording to test that.  My polks blow them outa the water in the bass dept.  I have a set of brass spikes I'm gonna put on and see if it helps tighten up the low end. 
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com