Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How do you eliminate noise in SF 7.0?  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Bdifr78

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
How do you eliminate noise in SF 7.0?
« on: July 30, 2005, 02:51:25 PM »
All the options in SF are way over my head, except a few simple ones, volume normalization etc.

So if I want to eliminate noise how would I go about doing so?
Neumann KM140s>Bumblebee MIAGI-II XLRs>Lunatec V3>SD722

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: How do you eliminate noise in SF 7.0?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 02:58:02 PM »
what kind of noise is it?  can you be any more specific?  hum? buzz? static? pops?

Offline Bdifr78

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 01:16:25 AM »
what kind of noise is it?  can you be any more specific?  hum? buzz? static? pops?

Great question.

I am actually not sure yet.  A co-worker of mine has some old tapes of his band that he has transfered to cd and was wondering if I could track it out and eliminate noise from the recordings.  I would be willing to bet it's static or hum.  But I will go ahead and find out tommorow more specifically.

Thanks.  I guess I jumped the gun on asking about this.
Neumann KM140s>Bumblebee MIAGI-II XLRs>Lunatec V3>SD722

kskreider

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 02:31:14 PM »
IF they are cassettes, I'd bet most likely hum or hiss.  Hiss is easier with the noiseprint feature.  Tell your buddy that if he can get a decent sized chunk, say maybe 5 or 10 seconds, of the background hiss recorded too (like from right before or after the music) that it would be easier for you to remove it.

The real key to making the NR features work the way you need them to, is to just save the original and then toy with a copy of it until you get the results that appeal to you the best.  Use the HELP feature OFTEN on each NR plugin to teach your self what each feature does and keep good notes.

If you let us know exactly what kind of noise it is then we could probably help you out a little bit more.  Or better yet, host a small clip...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com