Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: sf7 wont re-install  (Read 2201 times)

Offline admkrk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
sf7 wont re-install
« on: August 05, 2005, 07:08:28 PM »
i go through the registaton bs and all seems good. apearently the start-up screen is f'ed or something because i get an error message about something missing and go back to the registration all over again. i tryed running the "repare" in setup but same thing. anyone ever have a simmilar problem? or an idea on how to fix? 
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline slightlys

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: sf7 wont re-install
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 07:09:38 PM »
when you deleted it did you do it from the add/remove programs menu in the control panel?
Peluso CEMC6>Bumblebee MiAGi-II silver clad cables>Bm2p+ mod UA-5 >  OCM R-44

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 08:12:59 PM »
i didn't expect such a quick reply.  i didn't realy delete it. when computer crashed, i transfered the .exe file back and forth(if that makes sence?) to the newly reformatted hd. so far this is the only one i've had problems w/.

Offline slightlys

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 09:13:29 PM »
my sugestion would be to fully delete it and reload the file completly. If it pirated that means download it again ;)
Peluso CEMC6>Bumblebee MiAGi-II silver clad cables>Bm2p+ mod UA-5 >  OCM R-44

kskreider

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 10:17:46 PM »
In most cases you cannot just drag an .eve file over and expect it to work.  There is a lot of .dll files that programs need to access to function.  You should always do a full un-install and then reboot and re-install. 

Good luck...Kk

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 10:18:26 PM »
well,  i have it copyed on a cd (usd originaly) , and after doing windows uninstall then searching for any other files and deleteing them, i still get the same error:   0x8004e153(message missing). 

i don't see how dl'ing it again would make a difference, but i'll give it a try anyhow. thanks bud

kirk

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 10:27:26 PM »
darkstarjedi,
  i agree whith that. i didn't do a drag&drop though. while there was 2 install programs in the folder i copied(i only used one), it still should've worked when i tryed to "fix" it from the cd. no? and then when i completely uninstalled it and reinstalled from my original cd?     this isn't the first time i did this, just the first time it didn't work.

thanks for the input though.

kskreider

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 10:33:39 PM »
darkstarjedi,
  i agree whith that. i didn't do a drag&drop though. while there was 2 install programs in the folder i copied(i only used one), it still should've worked when i tryed to "fix" it from the cd. no? and then when i completely uninstalled it and reinstalled from my original cd?     this isn't the first time i did this, just the first time it didn't work.

thanks for the input though.

Krik,

Sounds screwy.  I guess I wasn't sure what you were refering to before.  I thought that you just dragged and dropped the app from an old hdd.  I always suggest un-installing, re-booting and then re-installing after another cold re-boot.  Even though it is time consuming you can never reboot too many times.  I also go a step further before I install a big app and make a reg backup right before.  That way I know that after I uninstall and reboot I can import the old reg-file and I am right back to where I started.  Square one.

Anyway, it should install if you choose "repair" from the install CD.  Try a full re-install and let us know if that works.

Good luck.

...Kk

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 11:09:04 PM »
maybe a "reboot" will make a difference? i've done enough lately that unless it tells me i need to i skip it.

plan on doing a backup as soon as i get everything i need reinstalled, should've done it to begin w/ , but i'm one hell of a procrastinater.

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2005, 06:57:57 PM »
tryed reinstalling again w/ all the restarts and all. still no good.  got sf8 running for now.  i'll see how this new version works for me.

thanks again for all the input all.

peace,            kirk

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com