Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Any sub $150 interconnect suggestions  (Read 3644 times)

Offline Nick Culbreth

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Any sub $150 interconnect suggestions
« on: October 14, 2005, 02:51:34 PM »
I need a pair of 1 meter interconnects and I'd like to spend under $150 if possible, any suggestions?  I'd prefer a shielded cable since this is going to be used near my computer and I'm afraid of interference.

Offline Mic D

• Habitual Line Stepper
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Any sub $150 interconnect suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 03:00:44 PM »
The Acoustic Zen "WOW's" are great interconnects that can be found used for a little over your price range (~$170-180).

http://www.acousticzen.com/interconnects.html

I have a pair in between my dac and pre that I will probably be selling soon.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 03:11:44 PM »
post on audiogon that you're looking for some audio magic excalibur IIs or spellcaster IIs.  you should be able to find them for 150 there

they rock

Offline jpschust

• Padres Rule Your Face
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 03:22:54 PM »
the bettercables blue truth audio interconnects with bullet plugs are about 150 a pair.  ive got an extra pair (changed my system up a touch).  if you want to try them for a bit and see if you like them I'm happy to send htem to you and sell them to you if you like them.
Quote from: Todd Snider
They say 3 percent of the people use 5 to 6 percent of their brain
97 percent use 3 percent and the rest goes down the drain
I'll never know which one I am but I'll bet you my last dime
99 percent think with 3 percent 100 percent of the time

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • lost cause
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 03:52:40 PM »
I need a pair of 1 meter interconnects and I'd like to spend under $150 if possible, any suggestions?  I'd prefer a shielded cable since this is going to be used near my computer and I'm afraid of interference.
Why not order a set off our own Todd R? I thought he was charging less than that for a meter.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline Nick Culbreth

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 05:09:16 PM »
Thanks for the responses so far, time to do some researching.  Also any VenHaus Pulsar users on the board?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 06:54:58 PM by Nick Culbreth »

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 07:58:07 PM »
Thanks for the responses so far, time to do some researching.  Also any VenHaus Pulsar users on the board?

Love my pulsars!  Not cryo'd though.  Ther have silver bullet plugs

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 07:34:54 AM »
DH Labs also make very fine cables, you should be able to find a pair of Air Matrix for around that. I have a pair that I don't use but haven't thought of selling them, maybe I could let you try them for a while? My pair is a 1.25 mtr pair with locking plugs.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 07:36:48 AM by carlbeck »
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 08:46:32 AM »
i'm a big fan of the boulder cable M80s.  but i'm not sure if they are sheilded.

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005, 09:50:20 AM »

I have a pair of Pulsars and they are fantastic.   I bought a used pair with copper bulltes and they were much more clear than anything else in my system at the time.  The separation of instruments was eerie.  I sent them to chriss and he put them in a cryo batch.  They were smoother when they returned and the seperation was still there but less forward and distracting. 

If someone with noncryo'd silver bullets wanted to borrow these and report a comparison review, I'd put these in the mail ;-)

The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2005, 01:24:14 PM »

I have a pair of Pulsars and they are fantastic.   I bought a used pair with copper bulltes and they were much more clear than anything else in my system at the time.  The separation of instruments was eerie.  I sent them to chriss and he put them in a cryo batch.  They were smoother when they returned and the seperation was still there but less forward and distracting. 

If someone with noncryo'd silver bullets wanted to borrow these and report a comparison review, I'd put these in the mail ;-)

When November rolls around I should have time to do so.  May have another new toy by then as well.  Looking to pick up an EAD Powermaster, but the Delphi thing has me nervous as to what will happen at GM.  Once I feel better about my job security I'll pull the trigger.  3rd quarter results and restructuring info to be coming on Mon.

sc

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2005, 07:55:53 AM »
Interesting.
Where can I find some objective test results/mearurements of the 'interconnects' suggested?
I mean, not just it sounds like A or B, but some hard figures.

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2005, 08:31:29 AM »
Probably nowhere. That is the problem with audio in general & cables in particular. There are no hard facts. Even if measurements are done & you can see the numbers it still doesn't mean it will sound good. Good of course is your tastes or my tastes, also not usually the same.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline noahbickart

• phishrabbi
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • So now I wander over grounds of light...
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2005, 08:50:59 AM »
If you are willing to buy used, there are always good deals at www.usedcable.com.

-Noah
Recording:
Capsules: Schoeps mk41v (x2), mk22 (x2), mk3 (x2), mk21 & mk8
Cables: 2x nbob KCY, 1 pair nbob actives, GAKables 10' & 20' 6-channel snakes, Darktrain 2 & 4 channel KCY and mini xlr extensions:
Preamps:    Schoeps VMS 02iub, Naiant IPA, Sound Devices Mixpre6 I
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre6 I, Sony PCM m10

Home Playback: Mac Mini> Mytek Brooklyn+> McIntosh MC162> Eminent Tech LFT-16; Musical Fidelity xCan v2> Hifiman HE-4XX / Beyerdynamic DT880

Office Playback: iMac> Grace m903> AKG k701 / Hifiman HE-400

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com