Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SP-C4 Shock Mounts???  (Read 2900 times)

Offline leshlush

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Bass Great, Lesh Philing...
SP-C4 Shock Mounts???
« on: October 18, 2005, 02:43:42 PM »
The stock shockmounts that came w/ the SP-C4's seem very loose and I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and if so how they fixed the problem???
SP C4's > Hydra Silvers > UA5 (digi mod) > JB3

Team Turkey - Western Conference
Team Fun - Western Conference

Offline macroint

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Jeff's List
Re: SP-C4 Shock Mounts???
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 02:51:46 PM »
The stock shockmounts that came w/ the SP-C4's seem very loose and I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and if so how they fixed the problem???

I don't recall the guy's name (Alan, maybe), but someone on this board is affiliated with Studio Projects and they'll send you the new mounts...now you just gotta find out who this guy is. Search the archive...it was a common problem.
Peluso CEMC6>PS-2>AD-20>NJB3

SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC
http://baltimore-taper.blogspot.com

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 03:41:39 PM »

If you find tighter ones and want to get rid of the loose ones, let me know.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »
Check the Team Studio Projects threads... all questions answered there.

It'd be great if people could respond to the questions here, in the Mics & Setup forum, instead of strictly in the Team thread.  That's why this forum is here, after all.  The intent of the Team forum is not so much to answer specific questions about gear (a la Team X, Y, or Z), but to remove a lot of the useless banter from the "useful" forums in which we try to focus on, well...useful information.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 02:58:26 PM »
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=19932.msg326639#msg326639

Hey all, anyone who has shock mount problems, just e-mail me with your address at alan@pmiaudio.com and we send you a new set.

We are working on a lot of new stuff. The new JM27PAC by Joemeek is now out, these matched pairs  are more colored, but very good when you want some coloration. They are transformer output and have a lot of air and warmth. See them at http://www.joemeek.com/images/jm27pac/JM27_Stereo_L.jpg  They come with all metal mounts, similar to what the new C4's will be, but the C4's will be smaller diameter, and a T-Bar as well in a plastic case.

Next year Studio Projects will introduce a Valve SD mic, with lots of options. For any of those with LSD-2's, we are making some mod changes that we like a lot. I am sure we can mod any LSD-2's that are out there if you want us to. We like happy customers! So there will be a lot more from us including the SP828 8X2 mic pre/Mixer...Not battery operated.

Sign up for our e Newsletter, it will keep you up to date with what we are doing....  We are happy to receive any comments good, or bad that you may have, as we only want to be the best we can be, so it is guys like you that help us get there....

Sorry if I have SPAMMED here, I did not mean to, but I am trying to give you guys information on our products, and answers to your questions. I do not mean you should go out and buy them, but it seems you already are.....

Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group
alan@pmiaudio.com
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 06:32:44 PM »
True enough, but as an area of "targeted conversation" I see no reason not to direct them to a Team Board as opposed to posting yet another FAQ(a to yet another FAQ(b  if that information is there to be found.  It's not a lot different than coming back with a "try the search tool" and is potentially a way to get more focused replies to your question.

The primary reason not to store the information in the Team forum is because Big Bri periodically wipes the DB clean of all the schlock worthlessly taking up space.  99.9% of the Team forums are schlock, and will likely get purged at some point, just as occasionally happens to the Open forum, etc.  Haven't had a purge in a while, so maybe it won't ever happen again, but I wouldn't count on it.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 07:06:38 PM »
The primary reason not to store the information in the Team forum is because Big Bri periodically wipes the DB clean of all the schlock worthlessly taking up space.  99.9% of the Team forums are schlock, and will likely get purged at some point, just as occasionally happens to the Open forum, etc.  Haven't had a purge in a while, so maybe it won't ever happen again, but I wouldn't count on it.

Interesting info, and good to know!  Thanks Brian +T
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 07:35:15 PM »
FWIW the post from allan about the shock mounts was NOT in the SP Team thread, I found it in the thread called Studio Project Mics, I personally don't think theres a huge issue having it posted a few places or revisited from time to time, makes it easier for people (esp newbs) to find...carry on
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 11:12:08 PM »
The best part about posting in the Team Forums (IMHO) is that everyone in those threads (well not everyone, but most) are subscribed to it via email. So with one simple post, you get a whole crew of C4 owners to read yout post (whether it stays there over the long run or simply gets dumped with the rest of the schlaup). Anyway, just one good reason to use the Team Forums, I love them for that reason...
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com