Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Squeezebox3 Released!  (Read 12234 times)

Offline Daryan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Squeezebox3 Released!
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2005, 12:13:34 PM »
Mine is is Littleton, Co as we speak
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2005, 04:07:20 PM »
I want to go check out this guys workshop after work one day
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2005, 08:30:20 PM »
I can make that happen for you Tim...

D~
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline fasteddy

• Taperssection Regular
  • Bob Snodgrass.... Living Legend
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2005, 10:52:59 AM »
WOW..

this looks like what i have been looking for.

Sumthin to go straight from my PC to my stereo

Thanks!

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2005, 09:47:05 PM »
what are the differences on the 2 and 3 models..?

would i notice a performance hit  (slow file browsing with big collections) between the 2 and 3..? or is that stuff really a difference between the first sb and the later models..?

i have been using foobar > dac > tubeamp, with an airboard that i used to train a remote, and that is fine, but it is running a pc with a remote, which is easy, but can be a pain in the ass...

and my setup is kinda big...

so i was thinking of going with a sb2/3 > tamp > norh setup in our living room, which would put a stereo in there (my tube stuff is in another room -  my "office" :P), and do it with a tiny footprint that mrs macdaddy would be cool with, and with a few (relatively cheap mods), i could have a pretty tight sounding setup...

looking at this ready to wire box for the tamp, and the bolder mods, which run $250

red wine does some cool sh*t with the sb 2/3, too...

also, bolder is part of the audiocircles, and there are some threads going on over there about the sb3 and mods for the sb2 and 3. i am pretty sure daryan/-2000orioles/cornell alum are the same person, but i didnt know if any of the rest of you had been to that site to check it out - not as active as audio asylum, but there is some good info available there (plus some of these demos they do here in la seem too good to pass up - i think i might have to check one out soon :P)...

this looks like a great small footprint, secondary listening system. i will never give up my tubes and all my gear for primary listening, but my wife will never again allow that sh*t to be on display in our living room, either.

edit:

added the links to the bolder cables mods, and to the red wine mods
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 09:55:21 PM by macdaddy »
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline cheshirecat

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2005, 09:54:51 AM »
I believe the only realy diffences between the 2 and 3 are the footprint and the 3 has a larger cache.

The software is all run serverside for file browsing and such, so that will be the same no matter which model you use.  Actually the 2 and 3 run the same firmware so there really shouldn't be much difference all around.

SB2 / Rega P1 > Modified Dynaco PAS2 > Modified Dynaco MK-IV monoblocks> Axiom M22 v2

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2005, 10:42:25 AM »
 ::)  What he said. ;D

Yeah, we are all the same to answer the questioon about who I am.

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2005, 06:37:58 PM »
::)  What he said. ;D

Yeah, we are all the same to answer the questioon about who I am.

that's what i thought...

did we just have another name change, too..?

i thought that was you, but i wanted to make sure - it is sometimes helpful to know who you are talking to...

i think i will go with the sb2, then...

anyone have one they wanna get rid of..? :P

+t's all 'round

« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 06:40:15 PM by macdaddy »
-macdaddy ++

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2005, 08:45:13 PM »
so daryan - is this yours..?  :o

you got a report..? i just ante'd up for the full bolder mod for the sb2 i just bought...

it sounds like the bybees have a big effect on the sound, which means i will need to put another two bills together, to have the mod done up right...

i am still sans power supply. i wanted to first talk to leegeddy about possibly powering the mod sb2 and the si t-amp from a 12v bumblebee setup (or something in that vein), but i havent seen him around these parts recently, and i know he is uber-busy w/ work...

anyway, i was just giving this thread a bump, and i was curious if you had given this thing a listen yet...

« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 08:46:58 PM by macdaddy »
-macdaddy ++

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2005, 09:17:53 AM »
Yes, all of the pictures in the Bolder forum of the sb3 are of my unit.  Mine will arrive on Monday morning.  Full report by Tuesday or so, as it is already broken in.  Bybee's are wonderful if used in the right places.  I have five of them in my modded amp ;D :o

D~

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2005, 09:40:00 AM »
I have gotten the modded squeezebox back and it is up and running 24/7 to break-in.  Is there anything specific you guys would like to know or just a review?

D~

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2005, 09:52:50 AM »
Can you measure the jitter and accuracy in the digital stream of a stock sb3 vs. a modded sb3?

I can sorta understand modding the sb3 to improve the subjective analog output quality (which is quite good already). But in the case of improving the digital output, that should be completely measureable, right?.  Maybe the company doing the mods has already done that?

I bought two sb3's on the $100 off two deal recently.  They're working very well.

Offline cdevs

• Taperssection Regular
  • I got a pork roll egg cheese & bacon
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2005, 02:03:05 PM »
Daryan = modslut
Gefell MG300s> Bumblebees> Apogee Mini-MP> Edirol R-09hr

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2005, 07:30:31 PM »
+t for bumping the thread fellas...

how close is slimserver to beingable to browse an entire network for music files (rather than simply scanning one predesignated directory)..?
-macdaddy ++

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2005, 07:47:12 PM »
Currently, I think you would have to mount the remote volumes under the music directory or link to the mount points.

You could setup a script up to scan your network for sharable volumes and automatically mount them 'read only' under the music dir.  Would that do it?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com