Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Squeezebox3 Released!  (Read 12082 times)

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Squeezebox3 Released!
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2005, 10:27:48 PM »
Currently, I think you would have to mount the remote volumes under the music directory or link to the mount points.

You could setup a script up to scan your network for sharable volumes and automatically mount them 'read only' under the music dir.  Would that do it?

i have no idea...

i have shnf all over twenty or so harddrives, scattered around five or six windows98 computers.... i havent even taken the sb2 out of the box. i have paid for an analog mod to the thing over at bolder, but i know wayne is slammed with work before xmas, so i was going to send it to him after the first of the year...

i have not run the slimserver program yet - i was thinking of doing it on my linux box on the network (which is also the webserver)... i really havent gotten that far, but i uunderstand that you are currently unable to view for files in an explorer-esque fashion, browsing your network...

-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2005, 10:37:20 PM »
i have not run the slimserver program yet - i was thinking of doing it on my linux box on the network (which is also the webserver)... i really havent gotten that far, but i uunderstand that you are currently unable to view for files in an explorer-esque fashion, browsing your network.

You could do that if the drives on those systems were mounted on the music server. It would go over the network for the music and you would could browse your collection with IE.

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2005, 10:59:09 PM »
i have not run the slimserver program yet - i was thinking of doing it on my linux box on the network (which is also the webserver)... i really havent gotten that far, but i uunderstand that you are currently unable to view for files in an explorer-esque fashion, browsing your network.

really..?

ok - how do you "mount" a drive to a computer... is that in the slimserver software somewhere..?

You could do that if the drives on those systems were mounted on the music server. It would go over the network for the music and you would could browse your collection with IE.

-macdaddy ++

Offline cheshirecat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2005, 11:53:04 PM »
In windows you can use the 'linkd.exe' command to create a link to another directory so that it behaves as though it is physically there.  I don't think it comes with windows by default, but you can download it, do a quick search on MS.com.  I use it in the office all the time.

You can also tell slimserver to use a UNC name for a path so any shared directory should work: ie \\<ip address>\<sharename>\ though I'm sure having your music repository on a differnt machine from the server will probably give you some performance issues; unless your network is operating fairly efficiently.
SB2 / Rega P1 > Modified Dynaco PAS2 > Modified Dynaco MK-IV monoblocks> Axiom M22 v2

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2005, 08:25:07 AM »
+t's for tall the info.

-macdaddy ++

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2005, 09:31:36 AM »
Daryan = modslut

Hey, you got a modsbm-1 ;D
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2006, 08:14:40 PM »
OK, I have FINALLY gotten a chance to get the sb3 up and running.  I had been unable to say much of anything, as I was in the process of completely rebuilding the crossovers in the 626r's, and thus have spent the last month and a half perfecting, modifying etc those, so this got pushed to the back burner. 

My impressions of the modified, digital only SB3 from Bolder are that I have never been this happy with audio in my life.  I say this primarily because it just sounds great.  A little on the dark side of neutral, but it is still breaking in so I imagine the caps will open up some.  The bass is some of the best I have EVER heard, period.  It is extremely authoritative without sounding boomy or bloated, a big pet peeve of my ears.  I am currently listening to RWTC from a 2003 show, and quite honestly it is a new recording.  Big dominant midrange, great extension, and the bass is to die for.  I wil sum this up by saying this is by far the biggest steal in audio today.  It is such a pleasure not having to go to the computer to listen to my files.  5 stars, or whatever you want to call it.  I will probably never listen the same way again. 

D~
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com