Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: t00b headphone amp  (Read 5055 times)

Offline Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Tin Can > Wax String > Dictaphone
Re: t00b headphone amp
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 06:08:34 PM »
My current system doesn't have a headphone out.  Is there any problem with taking a tape loop out from a preamp to drive a headphone amp?  ::)

I don't think it would be problematic at all, but I'm not 100% sure.

I have 2 pre-outs, 1 going to the amp, 1 for the sub.   Putting Y-splitter just seems half ass, unless that's a better way to go...
Maybe a couple of small scratches, but thats because these mics are chick magnets.
Girls always up on Andy tryin to grab these mics, the scratches are from their wedding rings.

CMC641 / DPA4022 / DPA4062>mod MPS6030
V3 / PMD671 / field ready DV-RA1000 / Oade W-mod PMD661 / PCM-M10

Offline Nick Culbreth

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 06:29:34 PM »
My current system doesn't have a headphone out.  Is there any problem with taking a tape loop out from a preamp to drive a headphone amp?  ::)

I don't think it would be problematic at all, but I'm not 100% sure.

I have 2 pre-outs, 1 going to the amp, 1 for the sub.   Putting Y-splitter just seems half ass, unless that's a better way to go...

Some headphone amps have line outs, maybe you could find one and then run the lineout to your sub.

Offline cheshirecat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2005, 06:34:59 PM »
Since the headphone amps mentioned are setup to take a line level input, (essentially their own integrated with distinct pre and power amp sections), your best bet is probably to take the tape loop (which should bypass your systems's pre) and send that to the headphone amp.
SB2 / Rega P1 > Modified Dynaco PAS2 > Modified Dynaco MK-IV monoblocks> Axiom M22 v2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.146 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com