Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 24 bit files on a mac-help  (Read 1707 times)

Offline phishtaper4v

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
24 bit files on a mac-help
« on: November 16, 2005, 11:34:42 PM »
Hey guys....well, I have never recorded anything in 24 bit, and after the purchase of a sd 744 this week, I will be taking all of my recordings, the disco biscuits sbds and dvds, to 24 bit. Basically, I need some advice.....I am going to need to dither the tracks down to 16 bit for release ASAP after the shows. And obviously, I will want to maintain the 24 bit files for the DVDs. I am simply wondering what programs I can mix the 4 tracks in and then dither down. Will digital performer be able to handle that task? Additionally, what sample rate should I be using on the 722? Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it. John Schmidt

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: 24 bit files on a mac-help
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 11:53:32 PM »
John, DP can certainly do it. As far as ASAP goes, that depends on how good you get at doing this. It took me a while to learn DP and I admit that I'm no expert. If you're in a time crunch, consider recording at 44.1 kHz so you don't have to resample after the show, only dither.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline phishtaper4v

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 12:10:28 AM »
ok, maybe thats what i'll do then. that would be easiest it sounds. I was fooling around with it the other night with some 16 bit files, and I think I have a general idea how to do it. I'll probably seek some advice after the show this weekend from someone who is actually an expert. Thanks

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 03:27:25 PM »
DP is what I use with the Deva, but I do everything later. For quick down and dirty 2 tracks, I simply use the Deva to mix, then use those tracks on two more of the open channels on the Deva. Thus, tracks 1-6 are individual mics&sndboard, tracks 7&8 are the rough mixes. If I don't like the mixes, I just use Digital Performer to remix tracks 1-6. It's fairly painless.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com