Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: computer playback speaker rec's?  (Read 2252 times)

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
computer playback speaker rec's?
« on: December 08, 2005, 12:15:17 AM »
Hi all
what are some good recommendations for computer reference/playback??

I picked up some Klipsch desktop monitors w/woofer as a package deal, but i'm not so sure they are working out too well.

I have looked at the Edriol MA10Ds as they are around the price range i am looking at right now
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_9_4/swans-edirol-computer-speakers-12-2002.html

thanks
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: computer playback speaker rec's?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 07:49:54 AM »
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=45547.0

Highlight of the thread (IMO), and the speakers I'd like to purchase are the Swan m200 - they have them on newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836136102

HTH-
~AP
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 08:19:11 AM »
yea, those swans look pretty sweet.

Von Schweikert was selling some electrostatic / subwhooofer combo PC speakers a while back.  check their page.  they were not expensive.

I have the Edirols you mention.  they are ok.  when sent a digi signal, they actualy image impressively given what they are.

Offline divamum

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 10:26:35 AM »
I see somebody reccs the Klipsch pm speakers in the other thread, but is it the 2.1 (w/sub) or the 2.0 (standalones)? 

Does anybody have any comments on the 2.0? I don't really need the subwoofer (and don't have room for it!).  Would love to hear any user reports on these.

I have a Dell credit coupon which would make those a SWEET deal for me right now if they're a reasonable choice for a fairly cheap speaker set. 

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?sku=A0474815&c=us&l=en&cs=19&category_id=6195&first=true&page=productlisting.aspx
DPA4060
R09

Offline MBecker

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 11:11:09 AM »
i have the klipsch 2.1, and the sub makes a big difference in my opinion.  The soundcard you are using also has a significant impact, more than i expected.  When I switched over to the m-audio transit, the sound opened up a little more and the sound was more transparent.

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 02:19:09 PM »
Thanks fozzy - +T
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 07:29:59 PM »
i think i may have the klipsch 2.1's

The real reson i'm wondering is I just got an HP desktop with the Dual Athlon 3800 processor, but i am having a possible sound card issue as i am getting clicks (sounds as if there isn't enough memory for it to perform) out of the headphone & speaker jack on all types of files (mp3/wav/16bit/24bit).  I got some Klipsch THX speakers & woofer since they were on sale in the open box area.  One could think that since they are open box that may be it, but the cliks are also coming out of the headphone jack directly on the tower.  So, i exchanged the tower thinking it was a possible lemon as this is a real powerful computer so i shouldnt be having problems playing files.

I unistalled & reinstalled the audio driver: Realtek AC'97 Audio.  But that didn't help.  I don't know if there is any other feature that needs to be turned on or off...

So, i am beginning to think that the soundcard that has come with it is a POS.  Maybe the clicks could be from electric pulses that end up showing up in the audio files???

My next possibility is that i need a higher end sound card which is probably built better.
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 10:52:18 AM »
I have a killer planar recomendation.  They are no longer made, but you should be able to find them on ebay.  I think they were manufactured under the songistics brand.  I will check for certain when I get home this evening.  The swans are always reccomended.

D~
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 02:14:40 PM »
woohoo!
the driver i had for the sound card was bunk.  HP support was nice & easy & found the right driver update for the problem. 

i think i will be keeping hte Klipsch 2.1s.  they do sound quite nice

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com